test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new character creation UI and loading of custom presets.

fury#0751 fury Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Missing from the new UI is the ability to load and save custom presets.

Largely I agree that such complexity does not belong in the first few screens a user will see so I am mostly very positive about the changes and very happy that someone with a passion for their work actually cares to make something polished and well thought out.

However, as the new UI has a PresetsTab already, and the default / built in presets are pretty poor, it would be logical to display all presets, default and user saved, in this one tab.
This keeps the UI simple for new players, and gives existing players an easier way to preview and organize their own presets.

Please look at rationalizing the transwarp and sector and system and ground destination menus’s next. I dream of the daw those stupid buttons get removed from the mini map and replaced with a consistent navigation system.

Comments

• mudd1701mudd1701 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Looks great and does serve as a better way to create a character for new players. BUT PLEASE... bring back the static pose toggle. I get so annoyed with my character flipping about in their active pose when I am trying to make very fine adjustments, especially in the face and body sliders. I do make a lot of alts. Thanks

PS Next project, less about UI and more about UI conveniences... PLEASE allow us to save our hotkey preferences so we don't have to do the same manual input every single time. Like I said... lots of alts, all the time. Thanks
  • fury#0751 fury Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    mudd1701 wrote: »
    Looks great and does serve as a better way to create a character for new players. BUT PLEASE... bring back the static pose toggle. I get so annoyed with my character flipping about in their active pose when I am trying to make very fine adjustments, especially in the face and body sliders. I do make a lot of alts. Thanks

PS Next project, less about UI and more about UI conveniences... PLEASE allow us to save our hotkey preferences so we don't have to do the same manual input every single time. Like I said... lots of alts, all the time. Thanks

/bind_load_file /bind_save_file ?