test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alternate Ground Armor appearances

themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Reputation System
Born out of a complaint from a friend that he couldn't get the old Harvester or other elite MACO/KHG armors anymore, I have a suggestion.

Since we have a Reputation Vanity Shield setup for T6 reps, why not incorporate that same mechanic to bring back the armor looks we can't get anymore, or even create some new armor visuals.

I would propose that it work as a costume unlock that you have to use rep marks to get, and would only be accessible under two conditions: 1) the rep must be at the same level needed to access ship vanity shields, and 2) the original armor's visuals must be unlocked in the tailor.

So basically, it would conceivably work like this:

- Player grinds out a Rep.
- Player obtains ground set from rep and unlocks tailor costume.
- Player hits the right point on the rep and the new visuals unlock.
- Player pays the X amount of marks to enable the new visuals
- Extra costume is now unlocked.

This idea is already in use anyway with the Dyson Ground Armor, as you have to get all three pieces and then pay a visual unlock fee to enable the costume in the tailor, so why not maximize the idea?
Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

Comments

• gizzardukgizzarduk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Be good if they did this, I never managed to get all the MACO/OMEGA unlocks and now cannot because they are locked.