test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 02/11/19

moonroachmoonroach Member Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to ST.92.20190205a.5

General:
  • Resolved an issue that was causing the Aegis set to have extra impulse trails for engines that were not on the ship.

UI:
  • Added tooltips and indications in the Ship Status window that ships slots are locked for scaling T6 ships on lower level characters.
  • Updated Class names for Engineers as they were missing the term Officer that is present in the other two classes.
    • Engineers are now "Engineering Officers", which matches "Science Officers" and "Tactical Officers".

Content:
  • The mission “Empress Sela” has received all new cutscenes.
  • Resolved an issue that preventing Omega Particles to appear on Deep Space Nine.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented anniversary banners from appearing in ESD, Qo'noS, and New Romulus command.
  • Resolved an issue during the mission, “Diplomatic Orders” that could sometimes cause the player character to be unable to leave the shuttle after agreeing to transport Ambassador Sokketh from Vulcan during the Sacred Duty objective.
  • Discovery-era Terran NPCs now use their proper faction weapons at all times.

Systems:
  • Personal Endeavors:
    • All "Complete TFO" Personal Endeavors have had their requirements changed at Medium and Hard difficulty. The new requirements are:
      • Easy = Complete 1 associated TFO (any difficulty)
      • Medium = Complete 2 associated TFOs (any difficulty)
      • Hard = Complete 3 associated TFOs (any difficulty).
    • Resolved an issue in the endeavors panel that caused text to be two different sizes.
    • "Defeat Herald Ships" Personal Endeavor now tracks a wider assortment of Iconian/Herald ships for completion.
    • Resolved an issue that caused the Resistance perks to apply incorrect buffs.
    • Resolved an issue that caused the Sprinting Speed perk to not apply any buff.
    • Resolved an issue that would cause destructible torpedoes used by your summons to damage you and your foes instead of whatever fired the torpedo and its foes.
  • Updates to Photonic Officer:
    • Photonic Officer now lasts 20 seconds, and has a 30 second cooldown.
    • Photonic Officer now reduces the cooldown of bridge officer abilities by 2%, 3%, or 4% per second while active.
  • Resolved an issue that caused skill bonuses from Secondary Deflector modifiers to be less than intended.
  • Resolved an issue where using palm strike while holding the Kelvin Phaser Pistol caused its visual model to change until it was fired again.
  • Resolved an issue that caused the Dyson Field Stabilizing Warp Core to reference the obsoleted Driver Coil skill.
  • Costume for "Qoj" has replaced the "Qugh" as the default visual for DSC-era Klingon Dreadnoughts.
  • Resolved an issue that caused the Chronometric Polaron Weapon proc to display worse than it actually was.
  • This is a tooltip change only.

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that would cause destructible torpedoes used by your summons to damage you and your foes instead of whatever fired the torpedo and its foes.

Eh, what does this mean? Should a torpedo be damaging the player or NPC that fired it?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Resolved an issue that would cause destructible torpedoes used by your summons to damage you and your foes instead of whatever fired the torpedo and its foes.

Eh, what does this mean? Should a torpedo be damaging the player or NPC that fired it?

Typically, yes, they are supposed to damage the person who fired them, if they're in range. The range just happens to be so small (except on Tricobalts) that you never get to see it actually happen.

The patch just means that destructibles fired by a hangar pet can no longer hurt the player when they hit an enemy.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    In some ways I like the changes to Photonic Officer, but I don't suppose we could get a different ability with the stats you're proposing? The immediate cooldown reduction is pretty useful when you need to power through a bunch of abilities at once, and I'd hate to see the functionality lost to the opposite usage of the power.
  • Options

Typically, yes, they are supposed to damage the person who fired them, if they're in range. The range just happens to be so small (except on Tricobalts) that you never get to see it actually happen.

The patch just means that destructibles fired by a hangar pet can no longer hurt the player when they hit an enemy.

Thanks...
    I see that "summons" means "pets".

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User

The way I read that is if something other then yourself like a hanger pet shoots a destructible torpedo the torpedo splash damage will hurt the player and enemy target but not the hanger pet. After the fix the destructible torpedo will not damage the player but only the hanaper pet and target.

It seems like destructible torpedoes are only meant to damage the target and whomever shot the thing. Not allies.

Devs any news on fixing the projectile endeavor peak? Its not boosting the damage of my projectiles like mine launchers.
  • Options
    Boy, this is taking forever to patch.