test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emperor's Lock Box

mrtinkertrain72mrtinkertrain72 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Recently, I have start acquiring many of these lock boxes. As far as I know, the only way to open is to buy keys from the C-Store, aka spend real money. For me, I will not be buying Zen any time soon. So, since they consume valuable inventory space, I started just throwing them away. However, I recently discovered the Exchange in-game. Are these worth putting on the Exchange, or should I just keep trashing them?

I assume this question would apply to all lock boxes, am I right?

Are any boxes worth putting on the Exchange?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I would say except for maybe the first for days of a new lockbox if your not gomma open em, or keep em as a bit of a collector item like I do, just throwing em a way is fine. your probably not gonna get much for em.

though personally I've never even tired to sell em on the exchange, everyone gets way more then what I think most players open. certainly none of then are anything people common ask for. more so with the infinity boxs having pretty much everything the older lockboxs have.

doffing and admiralty are way better ways of earning ec though if you got em, and are near an exchange I suppose selling wouldn't be a bad idea.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Sometimes a lock box is worth a little money after it is no longer available in-game. Not that much, but if you have inventory space you might keep 2-4 stacks.
  • Options
    mrtinkertrain72mrtinkertrain72 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    That sparks a question. I have learned to use CTRL to unstack items. How can items be stacked?
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    That sparks a question. I have learned to use CTRL to unstack items. How can items be stacked?

Drag one on top of the other. Only certain items stack, and even items that can stack will have a limit to how much can be in a stack, anywhere from 20 like Lockboxes to 999 for Lobi crystals (which you get from opening said lockboxes).

Right now the Emperor boxes are going for a few thousand EC each, the first day I was selling the ones I picked up for 25k each. I doubt that these will be particularly valuable between the end of the run and prizes being incorporated into the Infinity Lockbox, as there isn't a particularly huge draw to the ship or Traits, so I'd sell until they hit really low prices, in the tens of EC, and then maybe save a stack or two. Very rarely does something make the price of Lockboxes themselves spike to any useful level, like a highly desirable canon ship (like the Crossfield) or highly desirable lower prize (like Kemocite Laced Weapons bridge officer ability).
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    After a new season or new content is released it is good to keep the new lock boxes for at least a week or two. The exchange will go up and down within that time in price for selling a lockbox. After that it is best to discard them.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    You can also by keys of the exchange, however they are usually tens of millions of energy credits