test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

-30% off the T6 Europa Cruiser for the next 24 hours

nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11077713

I don't take advantage of most of these sales anymore, but I do like Cryptic's current marketing approach with these sale offers.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's a nice looking ship, I might get it for my Discovery captain.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    this a solo ship and not in any type of bundles? or did KDF get it's own version?
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    this a solo ship and not in any type of bundles? or did KDF get it's own version?

As much as I can remember it was a stand alone release. What I don't like about it is that it is a 10 console ship, but at this current price might be worth it. I think this is the deepest discount ever for it even compared to when it was initially released. You also get two skins for it: Europa & the Nimtiz. I like its appearance & I've heard good things about its trait & console.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @nommo#5819 said:
    > tigeraries wrote: »
    >
    > this a solo ship and not in any type of bundles? or did KDF get it's own version?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As much as I can remember it was a stand alone release. What I don't like about it is that it is a 10 console ship, but at this current price might be worth it. I think this is the deepest discount ever for it even compared to when it was initially released. You also get two skins for it: Europa & the Nimtiz. I like its appearance & I've heard good things about its trait & console.

Hey nommo, do you know what tier of shipyard unlocks the fleet version?

Probably too late, sorry went to a movie, but T5 Shipping I believe. Sorry not certain, I don't have it myself.
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I wonder when we'll get additional DISCO era ships.

My guess Feb. or March. Not sure if paced out one at a time or in an all at once package. Cryptic might even do it in parallel with the Disc series.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I checked, it is indeed a Tier 5 Shipyard.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    reyan01 wrote: »
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    tigeraries wrote: »

As much as I can remember it was a stand alone release. What I don't like about it is that it is a 10 console ship, but at this current price might be worth it. I think this is the deepest discount ever for it even compared to when it was initially released. You also get two skins for it: Europa & the Nimtiz. I like its appearance & I've heard good things about its trait & console.

To be honest it's actually a pretty decent ship. I brought it on release, and subsequently purchased the Fleet version. Some can't look past 'two tactical console slots' (three on the fleet version) but that can be compensated for.

And it's a total tank (for what that's worth). Took my Fleet version into Gravity Kills for the Endeavour yesterday; as per usual map full of players dumping Gravity Well all over the place and then getting blasted into respawn by the buffed Tzenkethi ships stuck in the well. Except I was generally managing to surive those hits in this ship.

Definitely good to know about its tanking ability. It does look good. I didn't buy it this time on sale though & I agree that with much more Universal Consoles nowadays, depending build, having only 2 Tac can be compensated even in a Tactical focused STO.
This discussion has been closed.