test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Terran Empire Uniform combine with Terran Empire Odyssey

mrschmitsmrschmits Member Posts: 30 Arc User
I was really looking forward to combine the armor parts of the new Terran Empire Uniform with the Terran Empire Odyssey outfits i got for my Discovery character. Turns out, you cant use anything of the new Terran Empire Uniform with the 'bare chest' option for the upper body. Meaning you cant use the armor accessories with the upper body parts of the terran odyssey outfit. Hopefully they will fix this in the future, i would love to be able to combine it.
Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
Tagged:

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I approve of this suggestion, but what I really want is for them to unlock *everything* in the tailor (once purchased if that's needed) for both captains and bridge officers, with no restrictions at all.

I understand there are pieces that don't work together, have clipping issues, or are beards that make you invisible. Put up a disclaimer "use at your own risk" and let us decide whether or not we can live with any glitches.
  • mrschmitsmrschmits Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I completely agree! Ofcourse they wont open up the entire tailor at once, but this seems like a good place to start. I mean, being able to combine different mirror universe outfits seems logical right?
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    the armband looks good on the DSC terran uniforms
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • houserozhenkohouserozhenko Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    mrschmits wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to combine the armor parts of the new Terran Empire Uniform with the Terran Empire Odyssey outfits i got for my Discovery character. Turns out, you cant use anything of the new Terran Empire Uniform with the 'bare chest' option for the upper body. Meaning you cant use the armor accessories with the upper body parts of the terran odyssey outfit. Hopefully they will fix this in the future, i would love to be able to combine it.

Cryptic, this is not how to treat paying customers and potential customers!

I reported this issue since the first set of Terran Odyssey Outfits were released in 2016, via ingame bug report. The only answer I ever got via email was a generic answer to post the bug report again in the forums, so other players can comment on it, which I did multiple times back in 2016 and 2018 and again now because not only the old bugs aren't fixed but also the new 12th Anniversary Terran Outfits are bugged as well.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1219051/missing-body-parts-in-12th-anniversary-exclusive-uniforms-dont-buy

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1245959/missing-body-parts-in-premium-uniforms-on-premium-species-dont-buy

I recently edited the subject of those threads to a more common one, so they might gain better recognition, but even in the last patches the bugs were not fixed and there is even no word from developers in any form, that those bugs are worked on, even though your Systems Designer Jeremy Randall and Community Manager Mike Fatum confirmed in one of the last Ten Forward Weekly, that they know about the bugs, and it is because somebody forgot to add those outfits to a specific species. (Timeindex 56 minutes in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmnXecZNOag&t=3410s

So I started to escalate this issue a bit more via my Twitter (below), which is normally not my style to make a big wave out of it, but I saw no other way to get you to recognize how wrong you treat your customers and potential customers.

Cryptic, if you don't change your paradigm about quality of premium content, you will loose customers.
    I hope Gearbox knows what company they purchased and get you guys up to pace again.

I find it insulting to charge over 175 bucks (125 discounted) for an exclusive costume option, which only has a few more usable outfit pieces and some of them are even bugged. We don't pay your extra labour you have to do because your code is so bad that you need to do everything manually. We pay for what we get, and if it is broken you don't get money!

Frankly I wouldn't mind if you would offer an optional monthly fee, like a "Gold Subscription Model" to secure you a more constant influx of funding and hire more artists and developers to pull your sh*t straight again.

Also releasing the ships separately but the costumes not is a very wrong approach. Please consider releasing ALL outfits (including previously exclusive ones) individually on Mudd's Market, and make sure to treat them as premium content, so the quality is assured across all playable species. This way we could pay you for making individual costume pieces and make them in a better quality.

Check out my Bio and ongoing Story as Comic Flipbook on FlipHTML5:
    4099594.jpg
  • xmoshx#4000 xmoshx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm in a similar boat as I pretty much only brought the bundle for the exclusive Terran Badge, large only to find that the badge isn't available on any other uniforms BUT the new Terran exclusives.

Currently extremely disappointed with my purchase.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    (...)
    Cryptic, if you don't change your paradigm about quality of premium content, you will loose customers.
    (...)

I think if we learned anything from the past 12 years, then it's that this statement is simply not true.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how objectively poor quality something very expensive is, that there is clipping and colour mismatch, that there are compatibility issues, that expensive cosmetics are unavailable on ships and characters. None of that is important. When they released the game for consoles, which is when the TOS content with Agents of Yesterday started, the very first thing that new console players would see in this game were NPCs clipping through chairs and floors in TOS environments. And this has not been fixed to this day. It simply doesn't matter. And they will not lose customers (in any significant capacity) about this. They will not experience any form of distress from not paying attention to those issues. They simply won't. Because the next Mudd's bundle will sell, the next anniversary bundle will sell, the next Picard bundle will sell.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Put up a disclaimer "use at your own risk" and let us decide whether or not we can live with any glitches.

While I agree in theory, the reality is people would still post tons of bug reports anyway no matter how big of a disclaimer they put up.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • houserozhenkohouserozhenko Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    But hey... the really sad thing is that, based on Cryptic's track record, if we did close our wallets, they would spin it as "Players are not interested in uniforms anymore, based on the lack of purchases, so we're not going to make them anymore."

I am not saying we should close out wallets. I am saying we should vote with our wallets. This means we should simply not buy broken stuff. There is no problem buying stuff that works and is not broken.

I bought every single Lobi and Zen Store Outfit and if Cryptic is not completely clueless how to evaluate purchase statistics, they should be able to draw the right conclusions.

Cobbling a Mega Ship Pack together, of ships that are also purchasable separately, and bundling an Outfit only with the Mega Ship Pack and calling it "Exclusive" is the big insult to our intelligence here. I remember we used to call stuff "Exclusive" which was of premium quality, not a cheap filler that didn't pass the quality bar to be a Lobi Item. Same with the Boreth Robes by the way.

I wish they would release both, the Terran Odyssey Outfit and the Boreth Robe again separately as Lobi or Mudd's Market items and give them a bit more love before they do, because I won't buy carp.

oh and @sirsitsalot you may need to update your signature, because it's Gearbox now, not PWE anymore. They got acquired. Gearbox is known for making good games like Borderlands or the Homeworld Remastered Edition. They have an image they want to keep.

Post edited by houserozhenko on
    Check out my Bio and ongoing Story as Comic Flipbook on FlipHTML5:
    4099594.jpg
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    Thread_Necromancy.jpg
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
This discussion has been closed.