test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for the T5 Ships

2»

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    For a sci ship the Atrox is very dated since it doesn't have a secondary deflector and scan ability, not to mention the lack of a special console.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    The romulans got the better out of this giveaway. The arkif retrofit is a solid tactical oriented ship.
    edited January 2019
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    For a sci ship the Atrox is very dated since it doesn't have a secondary deflector and scan ability, not to mention the lack of a special console.

That's because it's NOT a science ship. It's a carrier with a science bend.
    Well for some reason I thought the Jupiter had a secondary deflector and the scan ability, I just rechecked and it doesn't. Still the ship is dated considering how it doesn't have a special console.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

Well for some reason I thought the Jupiter had a secondary deflector and the scan ability, I just rechecked and it doesn't. Still the ship is dated considering how it doesn't have a special console.

It's T5U so no surprise. Special consoles are nice for flavor, but they're rarely best in set gear for the console slot they use.

edited January 2019

It's T5U so no surprise. Special consoles are nice for flavor, but they're rarely best in set gear for the console slot they use.
    Not ALL T5's lack a special console. Usually it's a boff ability slot which T5's lack, either a second ltcom or third lieutenant or an ensign boff ability slot.

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The Kar'Fi is a fun carrier to fly. I already have it for several KDF alts but I'm glad to see everyone else getting a chance to try it. Now the chorus asking for a T6 version will grow louder!
    At this point I would expect the T6 version will be a winter event ship one of these years.

Yep, but that's reason enough to say we want it from the event before other ships like raiders. Please Cryptic, make it the ship for Winter 2019-20.

I'd rather they zen store the T6 version of the Kar'fi Battle Carrier for the KDF. Not make it a participation award event ship. T6 update the Vo'quv and Atrox. Give the Romulans a non-gamblebox T6 carrier(besides the Arkif) as well. Make a T6 carrier bundle for 2020 anniversary for the zen store. Give the JH a non-gamblebox carrier as well, along with their own veteran ships.

Why should the Kar'fi, a KDF specific ship from the zen store just be handed over to Federation faction in an updated T6 form, as an event reward? STO's devs already botched a couple of things with the S'torr Warship(how about that garbage generic bridge, guys?).
    The least they could do is update the generic bridge since it looks horribly dated.
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Thank you for these gifts! I blundered and was not as efficient at leveling alts as I had hoped, so that is on me for not being able to claim them on all my accounts. I look forward to trying them out!
    Also hoping they might be made gifts/rewards again sometime!

Again, Thank you for everything!
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.