test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[STOPC] The Emperor's Lock Box!

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I have to test them with my Gorn player character (I've been using the special ones for him, but if I recall 'screechy' ones squealed with the Gorn BOffs of my other KDF characters too.

Gorn attract the epohhs on New Romulus. Maybe all little creatures like Gorn.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited January 2019
    I have not seen the "hair flower"??
    The Empress has a nice costume. I like her top the best. I would like to see a better picture of the boots.

Over all, I like the style...ornate details and decorations used in the costumes in Discovery. I would not mind picking up a few pieces to mix and match.

Never mind, I found a better picture on the thread about the sword, though I still can't see her boots. But they are platforms....platform shoes for the Klingons!!! ;-)

http://trekcore.com/blog/2018/01/a-closer-look-at-star-trek-discovery-emperor-georgiou-sword-prop/

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I have not seen the "hair flower"??
    The Empress has a nice costume. I like her top the best. I would like to see a better picture of the boots.

Over all, I like the style...ornate details and decorations used in the costumes in Discovery. I would not mind picking up a few pieces to mix and match.

Never mind, I found a better picture on the thread about the sword, though I still can't see her boots. But they are platforms....platform shoes for the Klingons!!! ;-)

http://trekcore.com/blog/2018/01/a-closer-look-at-star-trek-discovery-emperor-georgiou-sword-prop/

She's got a gold flower blossom in her hair, on the right part.
    As for her boots, I can't be sure, but I think she had black platform heels with gold trim.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    As for her boots, I can't be sure, but I think she had black platform heels with gold trim.

Very difficult to find the picture of the hair accessory. Though there are several still shots where one can make out that there is one in her hair. It is either the wrong angle or not well lit.

But one from a Mirror Universe costume display show those to be black thigh high, platform boots. Come on Guys......shoes!!! Take a picture of the shoes!!!! No one took pictures of her accessories!!!!! Except the weapons, of course.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    If it's the Emperor's box, there is a missed opportunity of ground trait: "As long as you stoically stay immobile in an open area and are attacking, all enemy shots aimed at you will miss"

That'd be OP, I agree, but that's the power of Emperor Georgiou for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKV1Ygoh_A
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

Very difficult to find the picture of the hair accessory. Though there are several still shots where one can make out that there is one in her hair. It is either the wrong angle or not well lit.

But one from a Mirror Universe costume display show those to be black thigh high, platform boots. Come on Guys......shoes!!! Take a picture of the shoes!!!! No one took pictures of her accessories!!!!! Except the weapons, of course.

Darn right!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    If it's the Emperor's box, there is a missed opportunity of ground trait: "As long as you stoically stay immobile in an open area and are attacking, all enemy shots aimed at you will miss"

That'd be OP, I agree, but that's the power of Emperor Georgiou for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKV1Ygoh_A

Sounds like you want to turn the enemies into Stormtroopers as they are the only one who could really miss when so close
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I would really like it if there were a way to take something like the sword and use it int he trophy area of the ship. That thing would look awesome in the Readyroom.

GP
    edited January 2019
    I wonder how they are keeping that in her hair...because I have straight Asian hair and everything slips out of it.

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    I wonder how they are keeping that in her hair...because I have straight Asian hair and everything slips out of it.

Spirit Gum. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."

i'm not Asian, but I got black straight hair, (folks asking if I got some asian in me o.o ), and stuff slips off mine as well. @_@
    So I'm curious as well. Maybe it's some fancy clip or something?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'm not disputing the subjectively decent/good/great quality of items in this lock box but overall it seems this is offering less than all/most others since it is missing a T6 lobi ship which is a guarantee versus the gambling ship. The Styx's frigate could've made a good T6 lobi ship or a T5 2ndary win ship I bet.

i'm not Asian, but I got black straight hair, (folks asking if I got some asian in me o.o ), and stuff slips off mine as well. @_@

I looked up spirit gum...as mentioned by crypticarmsman.... It is a glue used for costumes and wigs and such...theatrical use.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_gum

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Now they aren't even making an effort to put a Ship into the Lobi Store. Didn't with the last extra special super duper Infinity Lockbox either. And no additional T5 to T6 conversions of older Lobi or Lockbox Ships either.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I looked up spirit gum...as mentioned by crypticarmsman.... It is a glue used for costumes and wigs and such...theatrical use.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_gum
    One trick I've seen is wrapping the hair around the clip before clamping it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Now they aren't even making an effort to put a Ship into the Lobi Store. Didn't with the last extra special super duper Infinity Lockbox either. And no additional T5 to T6 conversions of older Lobi or Lockbox Ships either.

To be fair, there aren't exacly a lot of Disco era ships to convert to a gaming ship. I mean, they already have five T6 Disco ships (Walker, Crossfield, Sarcophagus, Europa, and the upcoming T'Pau scout ship), two T6 scaling ships (Engle and the upcoming Styx), a scaling T5ish ship (Walker prototype), and a T1 ship (Malachowski).

If you want to complain, complain about the dearth of KDF ships, as the Sarcophagus is the only playable Disco KDF ship out so far, despite the existence of the Disco BoP, the Sech, the Qugh (aka the Lukara, a seriously cool looking ship), and the Cleave.

On the topic of the T5 to T6 conversions, I think it's a bad idea from a logistical standpoint. You have to have ships that are less powerful than the big guns. Not every ship should be able to overwhelm everything in its path. That's the reason for the Tiered system for ships.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Are Terran emotes already in game, the Salute or the bow?

No, I doubt we will get the I.S.S. prefix either (because they rather keep the cash gamble box flowing with mirror ships instead)....

Utterly devastated that these uniforms are bloody lobi.... some anniversary this is turning out to be. Oh well :/
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes

To be fair, there aren't exacly a lot of Disco era ships to convert to a gaming ship. I mean, they already have five T6 Disco ships (Walker, Crossfield, Sarcophagus, Europa, and the upcoming T'Pau scout ship), two T6 scaling ships (Engle and the upcoming Styx), a scaling T5ish ship (Walker prototype), and a T1 ship (Malachowski).

If you want to complain, complain about the dearth of KDF ships, as the Sarcophagus is the only playable Disco KDF ship out so far, despite the existence of the Disco BoP, the Sech, the Qugh (aka the Lukara, a seriously cool looking ship), and the Cleave.

On the topic of the T5 to T6 conversions, I think it's a bad idea from a logistical standpoint. You have to have ships that are less powerful than the big guns. Not every ship should be able to overwhelm everything in its path. That's the reason for the Tiered system for ships.

We all know that Discovery Bird-of-Prey is incoming & it will be SO sought after. I hope it is given decent stats. If you think the KDF should get sympathy about lack of ships, what about those poor Romulans lol. Cryptic might as well make all Romulan faction hair colors red by default & give them exclusive in-game title of "step-child".
    I think you misunderstood me. They have been replacing T5 Lobi and Older Lockbox Ships with T6 equivalents. There are a few of each outstanding.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I think you misunderstood me. They have been replacing T5 Lobi and Older Lockbox Ships with T6 equivalents. There are a few of each outstanding.

I'm probably inaccurate but the Hirogen & the Undine are the ones left?
    > @nommo#5819 said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > I think you misunderstood me. They have been replacing T5 Lobi and Older Lockbox Ships with T6 equivalents. There are a few of each outstanding.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm probably inaccurate but the Hirogen & the Undine are the ones left?

Voth Palisade and Bastion, Tholian Recluse and Orb Weaver, Ferengi Marauder (there is a T6 but it was not made generally availible) and if you want to go into Promotion Ships, Voth Bulwark.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @nommo#5819 said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > I think you misunderstood me. They have been replacing T5 Lobi and Older Lockbox Ships with T6 equivalents. There are a few of each outstanding.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm probably inaccurate but the Hirogen & the Undine are the ones left?

Voth Palisade and Bastion, Tholian Recluse and Orb Weaver, Ferengi Marauder (there is a T6 but it was not made generally availible) and if you want to go into Promotion Ships, Voth Bulwark.

So quite a few more than I could remember. Thank goodness I'm not a ship collector then. I have a Nicor & even though it is T5 & free U for it it still kicks butt nicely & it has a nice price lol. I wonder if Cryptic has abandoned upgrading all those to T6 like they did some or are still planning to eventually. Probably some sort of Retro lock box gambling event lol.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Bio-engineered flower, the unseen tendrils wrap around the hair like a hair-clip. ;)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Are Terran Fortune Cookie Tribbles supposed to turn into Cannibal Tribbles?

Mine did. Would've came in handy for Klingon characters, not so much Federation-aligned characters.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Are Terran Fortune Cookie Tribbles supposed to turn into Cannibal Tribbles?

Mine did. Would've came in handy for Klingon characters, not so much Federation-aligned characters.

Mine didn't as far as I know. I do know that when I pert the FC tribble, it visually apeared as a Kelvin Timeline tribble.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    They love the lens flare. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

I'm probably inaccurate but the Hirogen & the Undine are the ones left?

Some C store ships too.. Nova and Dyson Science Destroyers off the top of my head.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.