test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Happy Privilege: A collaborative project to celebrate a special occasion

paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
As you may already be aware, over the holidays there was something of a "royal wedding" within the Foundry community. On her gaming livestream last week, and then on Twitter, former longtime STO dev/Foundry patron saint Maria "Zeronius Rex" Rosseau (now on the MTG dev team) delivered the bombshell news that she and veteran Foundry author johnnysnowball had just gotten married.

She did add that it was just a quick civil ceremony, and that they would have a proper one later in 2019. Nonetheless, this joyous and momentous occasion calls for a Foundry mission to commemorate it - and since I'd already been kicking around the idea of doing a wedding scene in one of my future projects, I have taken it upon myself to do the honors. The mission will be called "A Happy Privilege" (referencing James Kirk's opening remarks at the wedding in TOS "Balance of Terror") and I've already come up with a basic "plot" for it (see below). However, I don't want this to just be my own project, but to open it up to the STO Foundry community at large.

If you have one or two characters (they can be your in-game toons and/or NPCs from your own missions) that you would like to be a guest at this Foundry wedding, please RSVP in this thread with their names, species and genders so I can at least make rudimentary costumes for them. (Don't post or send complete slider settings just yet, as the Foundry costume editor is currently bugged so I may not be able to do finished costumes at this time.) First come, first served, as there is a limit of 50 custom NPC costumes in a Foundry project (and I do intend to max that out, with my own characters if I have to).

Also, for the reception portion of the mission I plan to let the player wander the map and talk to the guests, so if you have any optional dialogue you'd like to write for your characters, you can include that too, or post it later. (I'm not too concerned about spoilers for this mission, so you can just post your dialogue right in this thread, with or without spoiler tags.) Also be sure to let me know where/what you want your characters to be doing during the reception (sitting at a table, at the bar, on the dance floor or whatever). I will also be writing dialogue for various Cryptic NPCs I plan to have in attendance. I intend this to be a light-hearted comedic mission, and a celebration not only of the happy couple but also of all things STO and Foundry, including plenty of obscure references and in-jokes galore, so keep that in mind when writing your dialogue.

All authors who contribute characters and/or dialogue will be credited at the end of the mission.

Here is your fair warning of what you'd be getting your characters into: "A Happy Privilege" will consist of just two maps - one each for the ceremony and the reception. The "plot" of the mission will take place entirely on the ceremony map; the reception map will have no mission objectives, but be loaded with optional stuff for the player to do (not unlike the "post-credits" map I made at the end of "Valley of the Shadow III"). Here is the plot summary:
You might call it a mash-up of DS9 episodes "You Are Cordially Invited" and "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang", with a few of my own wrinkles. Capt. Shon of the Enterprise-F contacts the player to ask a favor: He was originally supposed to host this wedding aboard the Enterprise, but that ship is currently undergoing extensive system upgrades in drydock, so he asks the player to host the wedding aboard their ship instead, and of course to perform the ceremony too.

A holodeck program has been created to provide a tropical destination setting for the wedding and reception. It was supposedly written by "Felix", the same mysterious creator behind Vic Fontaine's program from the DS9 TV series. Unbeknownst to the player captain, it also contains one of Felix's infamous "jack-in-the-boxes"; in this case, it's triggered when the player captain signals for the ceremony to begin, but instead of gangsters, it merely leads to all manner of craziness in what had been expected to be a fairly conventional wedding ceremony. Luckily, the "out" for this jack-in-the-box is merely to make it through the ceremony despite all the craziness, and pronounce the couple as husband and wife.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Captain Loreck Avery
    Human Male

And his security chief
    Lieutenant Commander Korlo
    Klingon Male

Loreck is from the 23rd century so maybe he could make a reference to meeting one of their ancestors
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Cetsa Ji'Goro
    Alien Female
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Amanda Atalanta
    Human Female

She would be on the dance floor.
    just a suggestion, you should put the desperate trill on the dance floor trying to flirt
  • messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Natisha Messquon human female. Her sliders are on Duncan's "Lt. Tarigrade wants you(r characters)" thread. She is wearing a formal dress.​​
    Post edited by messicrafter#6700 on
    enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
    =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=
    edited January 2019
    Matthew Messison, Vulcan-human male. He is wearing a formal suit and suit jacket.​​
    =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=
  • dholt318dholt318 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Philip Holt, Human Male, Fed Eng from Disco era
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    Captain Loreck Avery
    Human Male

And his security chief
    Lieutenant Commander Korlo
    Klingon Male

Loreck is from the 23rd century so maybe he could make a reference to meeting one of their ancestors

Which 23c uniform style for Capt. Avery? (so I can start on a uniform)
    just a suggestion, you should put the desperate trill on the dance floor trying to flirt

I'll check but I don't think he's available as a stock NPC. I do plan to have several other stock characters in attendance; in fact I tentatively have Admiral Quinn serving in the "father of the bride" role.
    Cetsa Ji'Goro
    Alien Female

I figured she'd be a shoo-in. ;)
    > @paxfederatica said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    > Captain Loreck Avery
    > Human Male
    >
    > And his security chief
    > Lieutenant Commander Korlo
    > Klingon Male
    >
    > Loreck is from the 23rd century so maybe he could make a reference to meeting one of their ancestors
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Which 23c uniform style for Capt. Avery? (so I can start on a uniform)

He uses the standard odyssey when in the 25th century
    He uses the standard odyssey when in the 25th century

OK, that's the uni I'll give him.

That reminds me, if anyone doesn't specify a uniform for their characters I'll put them in the Odyssey dress uni.
    I have made a Google Docs spreadsheet to keep track of who's contributing which characters.

The grayed-out ones near the bottom are my own characters that I'll put in if we don't get enough contributed ones. Once the top list meets the bottom one, I'll start replacing the grayed-out characters with any additional contributed ones.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I'm tempted to enter Mirwast here but she'd probably end up drunk in the bar(or equilevant) seeing as she's about comfortble in weddings as I am (if not less since at least I'm not a telepath).

If you want to include her the sliders and her basic personality (along with species details since she's alien gen) are on the thread Duncan made a while back for character contributions for a different project.

As for her uniform she would either be in that purple dress I use for off-duty or the Oddy dress uniform (with skirt). Oh and if you don't want her in the command red, she's an engineer as far as her base career goes.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I'm tempted to enter Mirwast here but she'd probably end up drunk in the bar(or equilevant) seeing as she's about comfortble in weddings as I am (if not less since at least I'm not a telepath).

If you want to include her the sliders and her basic personality (along with species details since she's alien gen) are on the thread Duncan made a while back for character contributions for a different project.

As for her uniform she would either be in that purple dress I use for off-duty or the Oddy dress uniform (with skirt). Oh and if you don't want her in the command red, she's an engineer as far as her base career goes.

Does she at least drink Romulan ale? One thing I'm considering is a new version of the scene with drunk Worf at the Riker-Troi wedding in Nemesis, and Worf is one of the stock NPCs. Mirwast getting drunk with Worf could be epic. :)
    edited January 2019

Does she at least drink Romulan ale? One thing I'm considering is a new version of the scene with drunk Worf at the Riker-Troi wedding in Nemesis, and Worf is one of the stock NPCs. Mirwast getting drunk with Worf could be epic. :)
    As far as I've made up her character she would drink, unlike me, so go ahead.

oh and as far as her telepathy goes, think of it like telepaths in Babylon 5, she'd be be aware of of Surface thoughts and emotions but anything more specific then that would demand consent of the person being read.

Oh and I don't know if you can include this but I consider her to be bisexual (though quite socially akward so you won't see that side of her that often).

EDIT:the skirt I use for her in-game with her dress uniform is the sierra 2 one with first color slot being color matched to the jacket and the second being gold and the third being branch color (in her case red for "command").
    Post edited by spiritborn on
    edited January 2019
    Here is Natisha's outfit and Matthew's outfit and sliders. I don't care where you put them in the reception. I'm posting them now because my online schedule is changing on a lot, and I do not think I'll have time to post it later.
    Natisha's Outfit
    4og9Htq.png

Matthew's outfit and sliders
    bxggHjI.png
    fgJarbY.png
    WWLUcS7.png
    eDXUFlH.png
    rxcDzgO.png
    gYJoMB2.png
    5g7lgnr.png
    xpRiz0v.png
    X3uKxl6.png
    eJR4G2m.png
    YbrNo09.png
    5ZnovZu.png
    ​​
    Sliders for Amanda Atalanta, although she would be wearing something more appropriate for a wedding rather than an intel uniform.
    Hltw4DX.png
    Note: Stance should be relaxed, not standard as I apparently had it when I took this screenshot.

cUxps4S.png

Pic
    hoVTMPW.png
    Note: Her uniform looks grey-er here than it would be in gameplay.

(and yes, last I heard there was an Ask'kaar Prime by the name of Atalanta, but Amanda is unrelated to her. Really.)
    I’ll get the sliders tomorrow
    uUe23iT.jpg
    hSbFE1m.jpg
    o9HiT7P.jpg
    40xhX80.jpg
    AfSPn3o.jpg
    mKzfdov.jpg
    VeNmqCf.jpg
    Wbd4aSQ.jpg
    "on-duty" sliders
    mUEUSRr.jpg
    fG25297.jpg
    1Iu1WVT.jpg
    "off-duty" sliders
    p0UGQNV.jpg
    Just to show I do indeed plan to use her as character as well but it's on a project that's currently WIP

Here's the sliders for Mirwast (copied from Duncan's thread), yeah I know they're player character version but the foundry NPC is identical (or will be once I've checked the sliders and adjusted if needed).

Also Pax if you want I can give the sliders for the ceremonial uniform I've made for her, if you want me to give them of course.
    edited January 2019
    Here's the sliders for Mirwast (copied from Duncan's thread), yeah I know they're player character version but the foundry NPC is identical (or will be once I've checked the sliders and adjusted if needed).

Also Pax if you want I can give the sliders for the ceremonial uniform I've made for her, if you want me to give them of course.

Yeah, might as well. I might not be able to fully recreate it just yet though, at least until the editor is fixed.

Also I might go in a different direction with her involvement - instead of Worf I'm thinking of having her connect with Aran'tikar and/or Irla, the Dominion representatives at this wedding. (Probably not drinking either; I take it Mirwast isn't that into Ketracel White. ;) )
    A few quick updates: I've revised the mission story somewhat. Now there's no longer a "jack-in-the-box" involved; the craziness that transpires during the ceremony will be (more or less) intentional. It's also a more tightly themed wedding, based on a certain event in Star Trek lore. I'm even giving it a "soundtrack", a short playlist of tunes that players may optionally cue up at the appropriate moments in the mission. I won't reveal the tracks yet though, as one of them would probably give away the aforementioned theme event.
    Sliders for Amanda Atalanta, although she would be wearing something more appropriate for a wedding rather than an intel uniform.

I can put her in an Odyssey dress uniform (my go-to uni for the occasion as mentioned previously) with a black Intel stripe. Does she have a rank to put pips on her collar?

I can put her in an Odyssey dress uniform (my go-to uni for the occasion as mentioned previously) with a black Intel stripe. Does she have a rank to put pips on her collar?

Odyssey dress will work. She' technically a Starfleet Intelligence "third party asset", but they did loan her some lieutenant Jr. pips for this occasion.
    edited January 2019
    1mW5mas.jpg
    v5tlmto.jpg

here's the sliders for the ceremonial uniform if you still need/want want them Pax.
    Oh and just as additional comment (in another post to avoid the edit monster) the intel wrist device is suppose to repesent a medical device her species needs in normal space (the homeworld of said species is in an atypical area of space).
    edited January 2019
    Here is Natisha's sliders, copied from Duncan's thread .
    Sliders
    PLBbTyW.png
    5SiUX2N.png
    M3UvTdt.png
    kLOEXuq.png
    4apbDSc.png
    0pxmtGZ.png
    EbGgY6l.png
    V1jgOqB.png
    ​​
    Here is Natisha's sliders, copied from Duncan's thread .
    Sliders
    PLBbTyW.png
    5SiUX2N.png
    M3UvTdt.png
    kLOEXuq.png
    4apbDSc.png
    0pxmtGZ.png
    EbGgY6l.png
    V1jgOqB.png
    MElw5g1.png
    ​​

I don't see her hair or uniform settings here. I can guess at them based on the picture at the bottom but if you have the actual settings that would be great.
    Sliders for Natisha. I'm giving you her Formal dress sliders.
    Jg9cM3y.png
    lIyzVC6.png
    Bmjg5mh.png
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Congratulations to the happy couple.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
This discussion has been closed.