test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Competitive PvEvP TFOs - Small(?) Request to Revive PUG Interest

emerald381emerald381 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
With the release of Age of Discovery and the new Random Task Force Operations (with UI update), the Competitive PvEvP TFOs were listed as one of the exceptions to this system (see: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10994033-introducing:-random-task-force-operations!). Prior to this update, I could (on average) queue for a Competitive PvEvP TFO (primarily Core Assault Advanced) via the TFO interface and it would generally "pop" within 15min or less. However, since the update and the removal of the information on the PvE tab for how many people are waiting, I have not been able to get this TFO to pop - even while waiting for over 60-120min of gameplay while doing other things. What I believe has happened is that that without the visibility of how many players are waiting (along with how it is not possible for the Random TFO system to choose these Competitive PvEvP TFOs), players are no longer selecting the Competitive PvEvP TFOs. I assume Cryptic has data on how often TFOs are played and I suspect they would see the Competitive PvEvP TFOs have dropped off significantly after AoD was released.

So my request would be to either 1) add the Competitive PvEvP TFOs into the Random TFO system or 2) add the "Queued/Waiting" column back for these Competitive PvEvP TFOs (perhaps by moving them to their own tab in the TFO system so as to not impact the other PvE-only TFOs).

When the Competitive PvEvP TFOs were initially released, they quickly became my favorite thing to do in game. It presented a unique challenge compared to other content, both in the puzzles themselves and with the variation in teammates from PUG-to-PUG. This made each run of the Competitive PvEvP TFOs a little different each time. Even if my above requests are not possible from a technical or other perspective, I (and I think others) would really appreciate something done to revive interest in those TFOs.

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, competitive queues are completely dead. It doesn't matter how long you queue up for, they will never pop.

Unfortunately, I see no chance that this will ever change. Adding them to the RTFO list would not be a popular move and Cryptic seems pretty dead set against adding the player number column back into queues.

The community has pretty much accepted that they're dead. We get Competitive Marks from things like Starbase 1 and the only current way to get Stratagems is to do the 1/day for 100 mark method.

I know it's probably not the answer you're wanting, but there is next to no chance that Cryptic is going to do anything to remedy this problem.
    Insert witty signature line here.