test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we get infinity or r&d ships in the c-store after a time please?

as the title says, i would gladly pay irl money just to get the universe class dreadnought but im not going to spend either an unreachable amount of credits or spend a hundred or so £s just to have a small chance of actually getting the thing i want at a certain timed event and thats if i am lucky! maybe after a year or two of these ships being in the prize pack putting them on the c-store?

Answers

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Sorry, it's not going to happen.

Cryptic makes much more money off of the infinity lock box and R&D packs than they would with C-Store sales.

Also, you can get any lock box, lobi or R&D pack ship from the Exchange for credits, with a 100% chance of success.

Buy Zen. Buy lock box keys. Sell keys on the Exchange for credits. Buy ship from Exchange.
  • yeah im not saying stop the whole infinity box/r&d box thing is a bad idea and they should stop, im saying that after a while swap out the ships with new ships and take out the older ones and put them on the c-store, which kind of defeats the purpose of the infinity box, it would be nice to think its not all about the money though, i did the whole buying keys and selling them a few years ago and it was good but those infinity ships go for a tone and it would cost the same as buying a ton of boxes and opening them, just without the gamble involved, not really worth it if you are poor as hell like myself :smile: oh well.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    it would be nice to think its not all about the money though,

Cryptic needs that money to create the story episodes, which they let us play for free. Also to keep the servers running, pay salaries, pay CBS for the rights to use Star Trek, etc.
  • yeah i know, and i do buy stuff on the c-store, quite a bit actually because i can put a small amount in my bank to get this stuff, what im saying is it was fun a few years ago to get the packs and go through the routine but nowadays myself and a fair amount of people cant afford to do the packs game due to needing to have a certain amount of money in our bank accounts due to IRL responsibillities and cant afford to spend it on a game in which i either have to gamble or spend more money than i can actually budget instead of having something that i know the price of, can budget for that price, and know exactly what i am getting for it, i would love more than anything to pay these people to continue doing amazing work, and i do for small things if i have some excess money, but im not going to pour my money into something that in the end of the day isnt worth the money that could go towards something that i know what it is and isnt depending on me to hemerage money to get it, at a specific time, or counting on an inflated ingame market to actually have the thing i am looking for when i finally have the credits to do so, and then subsequently having to look on the exchange to see if its there every time i log on to see an ever changing price tag. i have played this game since it came out, i had a subscription until there were only lifetime subs left, i have spent hundreds on this game over that time period and am overjoyed that it still goes on, but i am not going to play the gamble or the keys game again, its just too much.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    No. There are no plans for this. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.