test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TalShiar Science Vessel

odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
I would love to have a dedicated Talshiar Science vessel in the game. Yes, I know we have the Destroyer and Battle Cruiser but these are not science vessels..Its not the same thing.

More Specifically:
Turn rate:12+
Impulse modifier: 20+
5 Science console

Sensor Analysis, Comander Sci (Cmd Uni is on the TSABC) Battle Cloak are already on the Battle cruiser.

Eh? What do ya think? Roms could Always use more sci vessels..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I have always thought the Romulans should have more Spy ships, which would be functional equivalents of Science Vessels. Good luck!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,371 Arc User
    The Tal'Shiar were the secret police of the Romulan Star Empire. Science isn't a thing that they would do, any more than you'd expect to find the Obsidian Order investigating the intriguing scientific background of the Badlands, or the CIA sponsoring a fleet of deep-sea research vessels.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The Tal Shiar and Obsidian Order would most definitely be interested in science. Specifically the ability to take scientific data and weaponize it somehow.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,371 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @jonsills said:
    > The Tal'Shiar were the secret police of the Romulan Star Empire. Science isn't a thing that they would do, any more than you'd expect to find the Obsidian Order investigating the intriguing scientific background of the Badlands, or the CIA sponsoring a fleet of deep-sea research vessels.

A fair point, but the Tal Shiar, Obsidian Order, CIA, and Section 31 have conducted secret science projects.
    No, they have suborned scientists to create weaponized versions of their current research. None of those organizations have the least interest in science qua science; rather, their focus is on watching the current state of relevant sciences and abusing things already discovered or invented. The Obsidian Order wouldn't be investigating the Badlands to see what can possibly cause such a static ion storm to exist, but rather to discover whether a Cardassian scientist's discovery could be used to turn the Badlands into a weapon. The Tal'Shiar aren't investigating Borg technology because they're curious about what could cause such a bizarre "species" to come into begin, but rather because they want to see how they can use it to their advantage.

(I was going to cite what the CIA was doing with some of their "science" projects back in the day, but the reality skims too close to tinfoil-hat territory, and we don't need to start that sort of diversion here.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I could see it more going the route of something like a Science/intel type ship fusing some of the mechanics of each. So something like the expose mechanic of the intel ships could be fused with the sensor analysis mechanic of science ships. Though making this variant of the intel and science ships able to cloak an keep the sensor analysis/expose toggled on a target might be also interesting, since normally having that toggled on a target removes the ability to cloak.

Maybe make it that the ship's trait had some effect tied to using the sub-system targeting on a target, and even a console that might give bonus effects when used on a target under the effect of the senor-analysis or expose mechanics. The ship could function as both a science ship an a recon ship using a similar set of systems in setting. It would make sense that they could use being a research/science vessel as a cover for more covert operations. Some might say they could go the route of doing a dyson like ship that switches between a science an intel mode switching between mechanics, an two boffs slots switching seats maybe a intel split Lt.com seat switching with another split seat giving you access to other spec boff abilities.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    Actually they don't have battle cloak...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    > @jonsills said:
    >... or the CIA sponsoring a fleet of deep-sea research vessels.

The Glomar Explorer comes pretty close here.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Actually they don't have battle cloak...

Your right they dont.. But I imagine a science variant would have a battle cloak just like the few other sci ships on the rom side (DSD,MMSV, Leaosa)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    The question is not so much whether the Tal Shiar is interested in science... rather one should wonder whether there are still Romulan Star Empire citizens (let alone Tal Shiar operatives) around to conduct any kind of experimenting without getting vaporised by some other operative.

It's not like Romulans would have a problem with that anyway. Add to that that the Tal Shiar doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to trying out stuff. Anyone remaining in the TS will likely see it as their task to obstruct the rest of the organisation before it can do even more harm to what remains of the Empire.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
This discussion has been closed.