test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

At the risk of parroting, or sounding like a stuck record...Plasma!

koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
Can we please get a mission Omni to use alongside crafted/lockbox omnis, like a lot of the other energy types?

...and while you're at it, a synergistic console and a plasma energy torp would make this players newly rolled Romulan tac officer a very happy camper. Roms deserve a Xmas too! :smiley:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    There is a plasma energy torp.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Council_Defense_Pact#Plasmatic_Biomatter_Torpedo_Launcher

Its an odd 15s cool down destructable torp... but there is one in the game.

Plasma and Deisruptors both don't have mission omnies. I agree upcoming missions should cover both.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Council_Defense_Pact#Plasmatic_Biomatter_Torpedo_Launcher

Plasma and Deisruptors both don't have mission omnies. I agree upcoming missions should cover both.

Yes there is a Omni Disruptor from missions part of the Martok set if I recall.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Oh yes Plasma torps there is the Rep one and a crafted one as well that is nasty.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    husanakx wrote: »

Yes there is a Omni Disruptor from missions part of the Martok set if I recall.

That's right. Well I guess the man isn't wrong then. Game is missing a mission plasma omni.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    Yeah, Plasma needs some love. We can at least now use the 8472 console with Plasma, but the other part of the set (the counter command console mission reward) hasn't been updated to reflect this (obviously because you need to have unlocked Tier 6 to get access to Plasma - But they could have a Lobi/Dil/Rep project that "requires" the original mission console as part payment (similar to the Dyson Sentinel and Paladin Environmental suits)

Aside form that you have the Omega and Romulan torps, but they are both HY torps and are either destructable or they have the stupidly long firing cycle.

I get that originally, because Plasma torps had the extra DoT proc, they needed some "negative" to balance them, but seriously, with the amount of super rapid firing, multi proc, wide angle torps now available, it's about time they removed that "negative".

Oh yeah, and we definetly need a Mission/Rep Plasma Omni, or get rid of the "you can only equip one of these" restriction, as i'ts not universal, and there seems no rhyme or reason behind what can or cannot be slotted together.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    bendalek wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and we definetly need a Mission/Rep Plasma Omni, or get rid of the "you can only equip one of these" restriction, as i'ts not universal, and there seems no rhyme or reason behind what can or cannot be slotted together.
    Yes there is. One setpiece and one non-setpiece omnibeam are allowed. It is very much universal.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,872 Arc User
    Made a post a while back about it would be nice to see some new plasma torpedoes....because honestly there hasn't been a new one in a long time.

Since the last plasma torpedo was added we've seen additions to even the least used of types, chroniton and tricobalt...every torp type except plasma basically.

The last kinetic plasma torpedo was added 4 years ago and the energy torpedo was added 3 years ago.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Yes there is. One setpiece and one non-setpiece omnibeam are allowed. It is very much universal.

The how come I can run 3 Omni Polaron weapons on the back of a ship?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

The how come I can run 3 Omni Polaron weapons on the back of a ship?

Probably because you've encountered a bug.
    Chances are you got 2 of the same weapon from 1 category with one having a proper MK indicator and the other still being in that scaling nirvana which often tends to confuse the system.
    Happened with pretty much every mission reward beam at some point and I wouldn't count on it staying that way.

Or the morphogenic weapon broke again and it forgot that it was also a beam weapon. That was also fixed at one point but god knows what the current state of that thing is.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Plasma needs some mega love. Need mission omni and plasma dmg mission console with a plasma energy torpedo to put it on par with many of the other dmg types.
This discussion has been closed.