test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Caitian Character any real benefits?

rthenrthen Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Are there any real benefits of making a Caitian Character? With all the species you can use for your alts.. is this one a stand out?

Comments

• Options
    well.. they are barely canon.. saw them in two movies breifly. However since I want a fed engineer I might make one..
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    How are they barely canon? We saw them in the movies.
  • Options
    bit parts.. never saw one in action making decisions.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Kitty Kats have superior hoppity skills, enabling them to jump to things other characters simply can't. If you don't care at all about Ground, then this isn't very important to you.

My fleet and I enjoy probing maps for places that we aren't meant to be, and getting into them.

Whilst our methods for achieving this rarely involve jumping, once we discover a weak point in the map and manage to penetrate it, getting into positions from which we can then be seen, such as through windows, often requires some jumping. When it comes to this the kitty captains do have an advantage.

Apart from that though, the only advantage cats have are looking cool in a pinstriped suit.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    No real benefit, really, except that they do look cool.

Personally, the only decisional factor about race that matters to me when creating an alt is how they'll look, and not the rather unsignificant advantages that certain racial perks supposedly bring.

As for the canonicity of things, I'd rather not enter that kind of debate XD It's pretty much endless and unproductive...
  • Options
    I made one for the hell of it.. got him to level 39.. going to max level him.. the ground skill is kinda fun.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, if ground isn't your thing then not really any reason to get one.
    But if you do...their racial is:
    • 10% chance to Dodge half damage of ranged attacks
    • +75% Jump Height
    • +10 Perception
    • +10% Exploit Damage

Selectable Pounce trait is like Lunge kit power, different animation and a bit more powerful.

STOwiki says there's another trait called Feline Instinct to boost the racial trait but it got removed at some point. My Caitian doesn't have it on the list. Or STOwiki is wrong and this is the Boff trait.
    • 1.5% chance to Dodge half damage of range attacks
    • +100% Jump Height
    • +15 Perception
    • +15% Exploit Damage

On old ESD, Caitians could get all over the place. Piles of crates in some rooms. It was fun finding ways up to the light fixtures.

There are worse ways to spend 600 Zen in STO. (Or 450 w/ the current sale.)