test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we get a doctor in the house?

2»

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Is this really brought up that often??

It's not. But people love to be dismissive and draw satisfaction from "people in charge" shooting down ideas that aren't their own.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    In space the very only thing this game has as far as „classes“ is concerned are the handful of captains powers we have.

On ground this is carried much further with the accessibility of kit frames and modules making them much more distinct. With the revamps we saw there in the past the intention of the devs so far has rather been to generalize as much as one can instead of doing any sort of separations.

I really could not imagine how a “doctor” class would offer anything that isn’t available already.

In short it makes not much sense. :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited November 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I think a "Merchant Class" gets brought up more often than "Medical Doctor Class".

Yea I often read that as well but remain puzzled even more at such a request.

All 3 classes we have so far get the same content to play. A “merchant” class would too. The only thing they would get would be other captain’s powers and some new kit modules while still playing the very same game.

What should Cryptic come up with here?

- Make enemies drunk with ale?
    - Throw Tribbles at Klingons?
    - Call in FCA fleet support?
    - Bribe bluegills away from a fight with a business proposal?
    animated.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

These are all fantastic ideas. :lol::lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited November 2018

These are all fantastic ideas. :lol::lol:

Lol, yea why not. :D

Would love to use a Candle Light Dinner kit module on Rebecca Simmons! I'm sure we could work something out. :p

10_1449778851.jpg
    animated.gif
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    If you go by Divisions in Starfleet and the Uniform colours then Medical and Science are classed in the right place

Red is Command and Control Division
    Gold is Operations Division covering Engineering/Security and Tactical
    Blue is Sciences Division covering Scientific and Medical research

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    we need to get a dev to sy no so this can be added to the fct

FCT stands for frequently created topics.

This topic has now been brought up a total of one time..

and that's counting this thread.

incorrect. try searching th forum
    Spock.jpg

• discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    You could make the case for the other careers. Being good at firing ship's weapons doesn't mean you are good at ground fighting

Similarly, while being able to repair the equipment you use is probably very nice, operations also has a whole administration side that engineers probably would not enjoy.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Don't need to, I am on here every day. This is not even close to a frequent request.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited November 2018

Don't need to, I am on here every day. This is not even close to a frequent request.

Agreed.

I may skip this place on weekends but doubt I miss out much here. Should also be noted that we have some enthusiastic voluntary mods around who would not let something like that open unnoticed. :#
    animated.gif
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I would say that biggest problem for "medic" class isn't even lore but gameplay, how would you make a medic that isn't pure 100% support (which wouldn't really work without a massive rebuilt of several base systems in the game) that is still different enough from "science" to not feel like a downgrade.

Essentially "medical" as a subset of science works best for the gameplay STO has and trying to force a 100% support class that a "lore correct" medical officer would be just wouldn't work at all, you either end up with science with tad more emphasis on biological and not truly 100% support or something that couldn't do anything without other players either of which wouldn't really have mass appeal.

You can do more or less lore accurate medical officer with the right kit modules anyway.
This discussion has been closed.