test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ability training available but won’t unlock???

upshurgupshurg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I’ve got all commanders, loads of training manuals, tons of exp to pay with;
I also have like 5-6 abilities in each category on every character that say “available to unlock” but won’t when I click on them.

Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    stormcrow#8086 stormcrow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Bridge officers need promoted, make sure you did that.

Reputation has to be claimed. if you have done all that, it'll probably take a GM to fix it.
  • Options
    I also don’t understand why one bridge officer spot has 4 skills, one has 3, one has 1, and ine has 2....still...if a skill is unlockable it should unlock but I think I’m missing some understanding
  • Options
    > @stormcrow#8086 said:
    > Bridge officers need promoted, make sure you did that.
    >
    > Reputation has to be claimed. if you have done all that, it'll probably take a GM to fix it.

yeah they’re all highest rank (commander), I’ll check reputation too thanks
  • Options
    stormcrow#8086 stormcrow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    upshurg wrote: »
    I also don’t understand why one bridge officer spot has 4 skills, one has 3, one has 1, and ine has 2....still...if a skill is unlockable it should unlock but I think I’m missing some understanding

it is based on the ship specs. Each ship can perform in X way... like cars, coupes have 2 doors and sometimes a usable back seat, sedans have four doors and usually a usable back seat. Science vessels have 4 science skill slots at the cost of other departments.It's about configuration. Many Klingon vessels have "universal helms" that let you slot what you want where you want it. The trade off is they are stealth fighter types for hit and run, not uber hull tanks.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    This is more a game play issue and should be moved to support
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    eazzie wrote: »
    This is more a game play issue and should be moved to support

it’s a noob player question...well i assume itis a lack of my understanding of the game. you’re saying it’s not? would make me feel better XD
  • Options
    t what you want where you want it. The trade off is they are stealth fighter types for hit and run, not uber hull tanks.

well that would explain why one crew member can only have three active but it still doesn’t explain why i can’t unlock

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    There are two different places in the game to set up BOFFS.
    ONLY one of them allows BOFFs to "Learn" and use those Manuals.

To set up BOFF to Learn. Click on the BOFF NAME in the list (this is where you see picture of BOFF and can change out their gear)....then click on "Skills" tab (at the top). This is where you can use the Manuals. BOFFs must be promoted in order to use higher levels of Manuals. So, promote, then use Manuals.

You will see the active abilities icons across the top of the page. Four of them is Ground, four is Space. Those icons represent the 4 levels of skills the BOFF can be trained in...as in 1st icon is level 1, 2nd is level 2, etc. To make the lower half of the window to show the different manuals the BOFF can be trained in at different levels....click on the icons.

The other location is where you set up BOFFs you want to use while playing the game. That is where you see "Stations" and "Away Team".

I can take pictures later when I get on the computer, if you need it.

P.S. Forgot to mention: Engineering training manuals are for Engineering BOFFs, Tactical manuals are for Tactical BOFFs, Science manuals are for Science BOFFs. Specialization training manuals can be used on any career BOFF but they must be trained in that Specialization, first, to unlock specialization.

BTW...some of the Training Manuals look similar to Kit Modules...so make sure you have the Training Manuals and not the kit.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin