test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upper-End Solo-Missions: Too hard and too dragged out, or is that me?

2»

Comments

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Aux2SIF = Auxiliary to Structural (Integrity Field)
    It's a pretty short cooldown medium hull heal/resist buff. You'll have to make a choice between it and RSP if you want to use Intel abilities on the Mat'ha though(which will force you to use your Uni seat for Sci). (The other two engineering boff abilities should be Engineering Team and Emergency Power to Weapons.)

You'll get a Spec point every time you 'level up' after reaching level cap; there are some other ways to earn them as well(featured episode reward boxes, event rewards, etc.). You'll be able to max all specializations eventually, so don't be worried about making a mistake with them.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Aux2SIF = Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity Field
    It is a basic Engineering BOFF ability, you need to use an engineer BOFF slot.
    You can train your Engineering BOFFs at the BOFF trainer on Qo'nos barracks.

Heals Hull AND helps resist damage to hull.
    Do you know the difference between Heal and Resist?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Auxiliary_to_Structural

++++++++++++++

From the sounds of it: You need more information than what you get from someone in the Forums can give you on the fly. Are you in a Fleet?

I am not even sure you understand what a "glass cannon" means.
    Do you understand what people mean by "aggro"?

The advice I can give you is: Do not use: Beam Fire at Will (BFAW), Cannon Scatter Volley (CSV), or Torpedo Spreads until you can figure out how to control how you are "aggravating" the NPC ships around you. Concentrate on one at a time....kill it then move on to the next.

If you don't want to follow the "meta" and collect Shield and Hull Penetration, Critical Severity and Critical Damage and kill everything before it kills you. THEN you will want to make sure you learn and practice that "Hit and Run and Heal" technique. Especially in your "Glass Cannons".

And listen to advice the builds people give and understand the explanations of the different "set" pieces. Then go figure out WHY it works that way, and how it will work for you when you put it on your ship.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    @szerontzur Are you in an active Fleet?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    @szerontzur Are you in an active Fleet?
    My fleets(mostly maxed FED+KDF mirror) are pretty sleepy these days; which is fine because I'm not particularly active these days either. I'm curious why you ask though, as it's not particularly relevant to this thread.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The top end ability from temporal spec loves to blink me backwards into the exact place I was moving away from.

Is good for those ships where I prefer to park up and volleyfire at a spot though.
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Thank you, Sir!!!
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Woops, I was still on the previous page, missed this page, my apologies.
    Let me answer...
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Aux2SIF = Auxiliary to Structural (Integrity Field)...
    Thank you for the info, Sir.
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Aux2SIF = Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity Field ...
    Thank you, Sir.
    szerontzur wrote: »
    My fleet..
    Ditto...
    I am in one of the oldest, but lately it's quiet there...
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
This discussion has been closed.