test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reputation Sponsorship Tokens are now trash?

stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
In a Livestream about a week before AoD went live, it was said that we'd be able to convert the tokens back since they won't be needed anymore. And now that AoD has gone live, it's been nothing said about it since then. So are they now trash we wasted marks on? And what about the titles we used to get when making them?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I never saw any thing about conversion but yes they are worthless now. Any Character that has T5 on any rep means for that rep across the account you got the sponsorship bonus. As far as titles I wouldn't hold your breath since very few people actually care about them Cryptic won't be wasting developer time to fix that if they have to.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Trash. Or collectables, depending on your disposition.

Accolades/titles in this game are almost never fixed. Even the ones that actually reward something like the STF optionals that would unlock extra armor visuals, if not for the fact they'd require playing content that hasn't existed in 4 years.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    AoD has so many issues/bugs that if they ever bother with a sponsor token refund thing, its waay on the bottom of their to-do list. Most likely they'll never get around to it. The amount of tokens in the game is probably so small its not worth their time to program something.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The amount of tokens in the game is probably so small its not worth their time to program something.
    ^this.

Because there was never any reason to keep sponsor tokens, just make them, toss 'em in the account bank and claim on the other toon. The item had an average lifespan of 5 minutes and people who were left with any in possession are rare. And it's likely to be mostly collectors who deliberately made a set to keep knowing they'd be deprecated.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Because there was never any reason to keep sponsor tokens, just make them, toss 'em in the account bank and claim on the other toon. The item had an average lifespan of 5 minutes and people who were left with any in possession are rare. And it's likely to be mostly collectors who deliberately made a set to keep knowing they'd be deprecated.
    That's not universal. If you had alts that weren't up to 50 yet, it made sense to create the tokens, stuff them in your account bank, and use them later. I'm not saying everybody would do that, but that's not the issue.

Actual resources were put into these tokens, and we deserve to derive something back from them. It was mentioned before AoD launch, so clearly it's on their radar. They just need to get whatever it is done.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I've got one or two lying around from when I mixed up how many I needed for alts and made an extra. Not a huge deal. /shrug
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Supposedly they will work on it but who knows when if ever...was talked about on one of the live streams.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Who sits on tokens? Even without knowing that Cryptic ended up dropping the ball, the obviously better idea would have been just sit on the 100 marks without pre-making tokens for no reason.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's a hundred marks per token.. it's one run of SB1.

Some battles aren't worth fighting.. let it go.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    In a Livestream about a week before AoD went live, it was said that we'd be able to convert the tokens back since they won't be needed anymore. And now that AoD has gone live, it's been nothing said about it since then. So are they now trash we wasted marks on? And what about the titles we used to get when making them?

Uh...how many tokens were made to get the title???? I am thinking you have more than just 2-3 sitting around???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    A point of view post -
    Now those are probably just trashed which already made me erase many items for place just in case they will be "refunded" somehow. Alas, they don't seem to worth the place. Unsure why I don't just discard those :) maybe learned some lesson from the merrit of sompek which was eventually useful.

P.S.
    I am very grateful that all my chars are sponsored automatically, (had a char with all reps filed, for example, and even otherwise finished t5 on the various reps accross the chars even if did not filled all/most chars up to t5) just didn't know what to do with the (many...) sponsoring coin I've already have

Forgot to say - A title is granted (for the sponsoring char) when a char is sponsoring a specific rep for the 1st time. So, I think, 12 at max for this kind of title. (I don't remember if there is ANY title for a sponsored char)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Well, it is just 100 of each of the 12 Rep mark coinages, on however many characters he did the titles on.
    A player can make that up in run (or two) of a queue for that specific mark on the character.

Rep marks are locked to character. Sponsorship tokens are not.
    Setting up a buy back would be more headaches than it is worth for Cryptic.
    Unless they want to start allowing players to move Rep Marks between characters on the account.

Though they could refund Dilithium, don't they have that trade in for Dilithium in the Rep Projects?

I guess, Kael just learned why Devs decided a long time ago, NOT to talk about stuff in advance, like he did. Players will take it as promises. LOL!
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    It wasn't Kael that promised it. It was the dev that was with him that day. Question came up, Kael asked the dev and the dev said it was actually supposed to be in place. Not a future thing but supposedly released with the update. And when you make many alts as I have to the point of can't even buy anymore slots, then yes there is a lot. And each time did it for the title on each that reached.

But would like for a dev to clarify if we can let them go or keep them in inventory just to know for sure.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    It wasn't Kael that promised it. It was the dev that was with him that day. Question came up, Kael asked the dev and the dev said it was actually supposed to be in place. Not a future thing but supposedly released with the update. And when you make many alts as I have to the point of can't even buy anymore slots, then yes there is a lot. And each time did it for the title on each that reached.

But would like for a dev to clarify if we can let them go or keep them in inventory just to know for sure.

They are not going to tell you in advance. So, sit on them if you have the space in your inventory. I would not hope for getting back Character locked coinage, like Rep Marks, though.

Do you have a Storage Bin Toon??? I would save them in there for a year and wait and see if they ever revisit it.

• Options
    My two cents:
    If they don't have a trade-in in place when an item is deprecated, they're not going to put one in later just to reward people for hoarding useless old junk for who knows how long. They have better things to do.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Whenever a game mechanic change like this occurs it is a few month process before the execution so that probably was thought of & discussed by Cryptic already. Cryptic releasing this mechanic change for the Reputation without a trade-in option exposes Cryptic's concern over the players' tokens right there. Now if it was discussed during a live-streaming stating it would be taken care of or mentioned later it should be & if not even worse, but most times if they already have your money or something has already been implemented it is feigned concern. Would it be nice to implement for those that have those tokens? Yes. It is always nice to not have wasted 100 marks per pop, especially with the diminished mark rewards now unless "randomizing", but doubtful Cryptic will do anything further since it won't really add to their $ bottom line. For the Reputation change itself I think it is a nice addition to the game.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I guess, Kael just learned why Devs decided a long time ago, NOT to talk about stuff in advance, like he did. Players will take it as promises. LOL!

Though, in this case, the Dev really *did* promise a trade-in project (in the podcast).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.