test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of mission gear that upgrades to Mk XII for free when picked up at low level?

tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
Is there a list of mission gear that upgrades to Mk XII for free when picked up at low level? At some point Cryptic made it so at least some of the Feature Episodes had gear that dropped at the Mark appropriate for the character playing it, but had a built-in Upgrade that had no rarity improvement chance that would go to Mk XII during the time when the episode was still 'Featured'. It didn't matter to me much then, as I only rarely had a new toon going when one of these was featured, but now that there's no level restriction on missions and only limited missions that are unskippable, it opens up some new potential options. Running the tutorial and the two new missions on a Discovery toon and then skipping everything skippable, I was level 7 after completing the starting mission of Kobali Prime (the last unskippable in the main chain) and was able skip all the way through Home. Another quirk of the lack of level restrictions is that stuff drops at Mk II before level 10, so if it doesn't have a built-in Upgrade there's a very good chance to increase the rarity if a decent Upgrade is applied to it. Being at level 7 there's only 3 levels left before a jump (to Mk IV?), so I'd want to grab interesting stuff that doesn't have a built-in Upgrade within 3 levels if feasible, but then built-in Upgrade stuff after 10 when there's more breathing room. I'm thinking of Quatum Phase weapons and Bajor set on a Tier 2 TMP Constitution to pick back up when more AoD missions hit.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
This discussion has been closed.