test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defend Rh'lhho Station over-buffed?

avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
Normally I would always play this ground queue along with a few others exclusively on Elite. The first part of it required you to destroy 5 Elachi devices scattered about the station. Well I encountered this queue on Advanced while doing a Random TFO and I found the devices count was increased to probably 50+ as I just quit a queue a while ago when the count was at 45 and it still didn't advance to the next part.

Why was it buffed so much? It's so much more possible to fail the queue just on the first part now with a much smaller chance to succeed and the time limit is just the same as it was when it was originally a requirement to destroy 5 devices. Was this buff intentional or is it a bug?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    In opinion the way Rhi station PvE is handled is the best approach to set up difficulty’s ever in STO. Of course the critter values change and optionals turn into mandatories but the big advantage is:

- Advanced without fails and a time gate where it really matters what you do for a change -> The more devices you get the bigger the mark payout. Perfect when one tends to reput advancement!

- Elite with short timers being attached to a clear fail condition only -> fast map for more experienced players on the quest to gather resources for their builds!

If more maps would be structured like Rhi is we would have a lot whole better PvE endgame to play. -> Both settings have it's individual use, both get played. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'm talking about the recent change that was made to the queue.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    There have been changes to the map?

As far as I know the timer is still fixed in advanced and it is up to the skill of your team how many devices you get in that time. I played it last week ending up there in RTFO with 2 of my friends and we got around 70ish devices during stage 1. Has this timer been changed? I remember being in full private once getting around a 100 but considering this time was public I thought we had done fine.

It is only in elite where you have a fixed number of devices to get within stage 1 concluding when you got them all. Played that yesterday. Still the same. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I could've sworn it was the same for Elite and Advanced but I guess I am remembering it wrong.
This discussion has been closed.