test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Competitive content missing from premade/private tab

tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
Yesterday, I discovered that I'm missing quite a few stratagems on my new toon, and as we all know, due to being left out from RTFO system, Competitive queues hardly ever pop.

As there were plenty of people online in my friends list, I thought "eh, let's see if they're up to it" and managed to gather enough people in order to start a proper competitive premade. We were all in the same Queue Group (or however it's called nowadays, Task Force Operation waiting area?), I divided the teams into team 1 and 2 based on my best assumptions about the player capabilities in group and... discovered that Binary Circuit, Core Assault and Twin Tribulations are completely missing. I searched under Private PvE tab, PvP tab, but nope, nothing. No one else managed to find them either.

So, here's my question - why do you make it so hard for players to actually play the content you've created? I firmly believe that those maps are great and while, true enough, finding 10 ppl online at the same time willing to play them is not an easy task (proved by the fact that I'm discovering it only after what, at least a year after the release of comp queues), then the option, imo, should be there to play them as a premade.

In any case, we finally created 2 teams (sadly 2 of us had to switch to their feds, as you still haven't been able to provide us a proper cross-faction teaming) and just queued up via pug, obviously ending up together and we had lots of fnu, but the question remains - why are those queues excluded from the private tab?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It would be nice if these were at least an option for premades.

For all my competitive sets I had to do the 1/day projects to get the Stratagems because queues weren't an option. They're currently the hardest elite mark to get by far outside of the 1/day project.

I get why they were excluded from RTFO's and I actually agree with that decision but no reason they should be missing from premades. The gear from this rep is highly desirable and we need more ways to get Stratagems. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Thumbs up to this request.

I was fortunate to supply most of my toons with enough elite marks when the rep was new but nowadays one basically has to call in 9 favors just to get straight with such a basic need.

And no, I don’t want to trade in 100 marks for 1 elite once a day. It is good that we have this feature in lack of alternatives but it’s as fun as it is to eat a pizza with chopsticks.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    it’s as fun as it is to eat a pizza with chopsticks.

I'm totally trying this tonight. :smiley:
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    it’s as fun as it is to eat a pizza with chopsticks.

I'm totally trying this tonight. :smiley:

In any case cool that you managed to plan ahead with the trade ins to be ready for the upgrade weekend. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    The one advantage to Cryptic dragging their feet on giving us the upgrade weekend was that I had time to run the 1/day projects so that I could get Rep Gear to upgrade.

There should however, be a better way. Right now the only realistic way to get Competitive Elite Marks is the 1/day project or getting lucky on boxes from the Rep projects.

Seems like it was just over looked, hopefully another option is given soon. The OP's suggestion of at least allowing us to do the Competitive queues in premade groups would be a great start.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I would have to guess it has something to do with that player potential system. The root cause we got the "queue group" baloney foisted on us in the first place instead of the much more flexible system we had before. That's the only feature that's unique to the competitive queues.
    And no, I don’t want to trade in 100 marks for 1 elite once a day. It is good that we have this feature in lack of alternatives but it’s as fun as it is to eat a pizza with chopsticks.
    But if we didn't have that feature, people would have to play the comp queues to get them, and then they would pop more than once in a blue moon.

And they'd pop regularly if there weren't choice marks.
This discussion has been closed.