test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Um. Is Cryptic refusing to use certain main characters if they can't get the actor to do VO?

13»

Comments

• Options
    madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    I'm sincerely curious how much it costs to hire some of these people for voice work? Do they get paid by the hour or is it just a sum for the entire shoot?
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,268 Arc User
    madmopar wrote: »
    I'm sincerely curious how much it costs to hire some of these people for voice work? Do they get paid by the hour or is it just a sum for the entire shoot?

IIRC it depends on the contract, though unless I'm mistaken it's typically "by the lines" rather then "by the hour".
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Between TOS, DS9, and Voyager, the actors they could reasonably get that they haven't already are
    -Roxann Dawson(B'Elanna)
    -Colm Meaney(O'Brien)
    -Nicole de Boer(Dax)
    -George Takei(Sulu)

While TNG, I was expecting Michelle Forbes would return as Ro Laren, especially given that the DS9 security seemed to be run by a descendant. I guess that ship has sailed for now, which I find a pity since it is one of the more fleshed out side characters.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    danalee wrote: »
    And I, for one, am glad. I'd rather have a whole free expansion rather than 3 missions where Picard gives me 3 lines dialog to go kill X enemy.

I agree 100%
    There are good voice actors without needing to hire the BIG names.
    I don't know if some of them may enjoy doing STO without asking lot of money, but more story, more episodes are better than few VOice actors.

This discussion has been closed.