test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Suggestion) New "Defense of Starbase One" TFO

Hi all: First, I'd like to say how much I appreciate all the work going into the game. Improvements, new content, bug fixes, etc. I am really psyched about the idea of the "Discovery" crossover because I don't think we've ever had that in a Trek game before. That said, I think there was a missed opportunity with the new "Defense of Starbase One" TFO. As it is, all players defend the base when they queue for the TFO. I think it might have been more interesting and fun if Federation allied characters were placed on defense duty in the PvE format, while Klingon allied characters could be placed on an attack force against the base, also in a PvE format. Additionally, given the population problems with the PvP format, we could have an optional advanced or elite version where players teams from both factions enter into the same scenario in a PvP format. Knowing how much work is still being done on the new story line, there is no reason this can't be added in the future, should enough interest be shown. If successful, you could even apply similar concepts across some of the other current TFO's and content. I'm suggesting this because it fits the content concept and, despite my sincere interest in PvP, and the new reputation tree that focuses on it, I have only played in one PvP match in the years I've been playing. Not for lack of trying either. I think this kind of approach might make getting involved easier for many players. I'd love to know how the rest of the community and the devs might feel about these suggestions. Thanks all.
We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Comments

• Options
    thearkadythearkady Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Given that player characters are "good" alliance KDF, while the attackers in that queue are "evil" Klingons from the past, making this a PvP queue wouldn't have made much sense from a storyline perspective.