test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto Fire on Ships:

captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
Hey I thought this was just part of some update earlier this year, but I can no longer control my ships weapons.

When ever I come in to range of a target all of my ships weapons fire automatically.

If I want to fire one single phaser bank or only torpedoes, everything fires full force.

The game already is nearly fully autonomous, and far from a first person shooter- but the ability for a captain to select exactly what weapons to fire and when is one of the last vestiges of independence and allows the game to be played with unique tactics.

Is this a bug that only effects a hand full of us or is this a "new feature"?

Would love some advice on what to do, and not to have my thread deleted please. Some answers would be nice since I have been with game since launch and dumped thousands of bucks in to it out of support.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    If your weapon icons in the tray have a green border, they are in autofire mode. Right click the icon to disable autofire for that weapon.

I play with my weapons tray hidden - if you do too, you'll need to make it visible using Rearrange HUD from the Escape menu.
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    If your weapon icons in the tray have a green border, they are in autofire mode. Right click the icon to disable autofire for that weapon.

I play with my weapons tray hidden - if you do too, you'll need to make it visible using Rearrange HUD from the Escape menu.

THANK YOU!
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    No worries .
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, never liked that feature personally especially since it chooses targets for me...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    Or better yet. Hit escape, go to settings and turn autofire off there. In your weapon tray set weapons to autofire (green), now you can tab target before hitting your spacebar to fire.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    There are several settings for AUTO TARGETING in the options, also. You may wish to play with those...because those at one time did change with the Neth Parr episode which came out a while ago...and over rode user settings. But it should have been fixed since.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    yeah every time you equip a ship you have to turn that TRIBBLE off. the only time I use it is when I'm decloaking for an alpha strike
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I use autofire constantly, since closed beta. I have never had the client arbitrarily choose a target for me, and open fire.

EDIT: I do however make sure that the autofire setting is set to Toggle, Target Change Cancels.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
This discussion has been closed.