test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Space/Ground/Both filter & RTFOs

peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
Hello folks,

every time I was on tribble the past weeks the lack of fellow testers hindered me to test the new RTFOs and after tending to 144 reputations sliders for my account yesterday I sadly had not much time to tend to all the new options on live server as well.

Hence my question:

Has anybody pre-selected space in the regular TFO UI and after that ended up on a ground map when using the new RTFO option (or vice versa)?

I’ll thank anybody in advanced for holding back with speculation and offering a simple answer here. Please be sure before giving one that the option to include both space and ground was not selected in the regular TFO (queue) filter.

Thank you.

-Connor
animated.gif
Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
felisean wrote: »
teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answers

Answers

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Oh thank you very much for the confirmation @tunebreaker @seaofsorrows @coldnapalm and @lordsteve1

Just hard to realize that cryptic really hands out such an innovative system with great potential with such an obvious flaw.

Will have to see how it plays out then. Too bad cuz rewards I got so far over it feel motivating even on "bad" maps. :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It's not a flaw its WAI. The random system is meant to reward indiscriminate gameplay, so putting filters on it would defeat the purpose. It's a trade-off, you can choose your own queue, or let the game choose for you in exchange for extra reward.

Choosing your desired filters and using the old "select all" checkbox to queue for them results in functionally identical performance (actually better, since this allows you to include all the queues which the RNG does not), but obviously forfeits the extra reward.
This discussion has been closed.