test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily Reputation Projects

jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
You need to make what you see in the video below happen unless you want all your players to get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome on their way to T6 reputations.

First part is what it is like now, second part is what it should have been YEARS ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJWlU1eKzbE

Comments

• koisayakoisaya Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    PW, what's with this new reputation T6 unlock which requires 250k points cap. its 150% of T1 > T5. this is TRIBBLE... please reduce the ridiculous requirements. thx
  • balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    "And they probably redesigned the whole sickbay, too! I know engineers. They love to change things." ~ Dr. McCoy, Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Apparently, the same applies to programmers, changing things that don't need to be changed. Now there are only 5 Event slots in the Reputation window, for no reason whatsoever, and there is no second slot to queue up another event. I had 2 Crystalline Catastrophe events queued up in a row before, and now I just have the one. This is just an arbitrary change with no value whatsoever, and you've simply taken something away with no benefit to the player at all.

These kinds of changes don't make me excited to stay with the game.
  • balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    koisaya wrote: »
    PW, what's with this new reputation T6 unlock which requires 250k points cap. its 150% of T1 > T5. this is ****... please reduce the ridiculous requirements. thx

I agree, it's kinda much.
  • rondelicarondelica Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I am really dissapointed that we have to grind another 250K points to a painfull reputation system again :-( Last years star trek online has become a massive grind game and the lifetime players dont even get compensated. Actually we are forgotten.

Atleast reduce this massive grind. Like Balarick said: "These kinds of changes don't make me excited to stay with the game." But i my case i am not planing to get back into sto like this.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    I am more worried about the junk that fills our inventory space from working towards T6. Far to much pointless clicking getting rid of all those junk box's.
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Well.. Hopefully you didn't think T5-T6 rep would be the same as T4-T5 (100K).. T6 completion of 250K is some what extravagant.

However, in Cryptic's logical flow, of course it "shall" cost more, just like unlocking/releasing the newT6 Jem ships account wide; that was the equivalent of doing the entire T1-T5 Ship Mastery 1.5 times as well.. So, why not follow suit with the rest of the "copy-paste" that is the current operations ??

I figured the "cost" would be higher from T-5 to T-6 Rep; but not 1.5 times that from T1-T5. I am, however, appreciative that Cryptic didn't increase the rest of the resource cost involved, or add a dil-sink to the Rep system.

The other item I take issue with the new T6 Rep, is the rewards. T5 Rep is complete, yet we only receive T4 rewards and my experience shows the majority of the rewards at this level are Rare Mk XI with the occassional VR MK XI which is very rare. Cryptic increased the Rep to T6, but didn't, (probably), create and/or adjust the T5 level reward for participation.

And now that we have "Salvage" whay can't we salvage the vendor trash the T6 Rep grind creates ??

Just my opinion... tyvm..