test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Discovery only 2 races, really?

nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
This seems like a massive waste of time.
sure theres the create your own race for a third option but why no other races in the options?
0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Because it takes a lot of work hooking up a new species for the devs. The most we've ever seen a new starting experience have is four and that was in the context of a full expansion (LoR and AOY).

Human/Vulcan - Minimally sufficient

Alien - Gives us so much more than any single option.

Cyborgs would have been nice, but I'm happy with what we have.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Said they may add more over time but right now just the three options.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ViL only had 2 as well, and one you had to purchase, yo.

So, it's fine, the alien inclusion is a good feature here, so I'm dandy. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Because it takes a lot of work hooking up a new species for the devs. The most we've ever seen a new starting experience have is four and that was in the context of a full expansion (LoR and AOY).

Andorians Telarites its not hard to add them in.
    I have zero desire to make a human or vulcan and i already 3 alien captains there is zero point to this.

And if it take to much time why rush to release this and not finish get it at least worth time doing.

0bzJyzP.gif

• Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Said they may add more over time but right now just the three options.
    so since we have no race change theres zero point to doing it right now, got it.

0bzJyzP.gif

• Options

I have zero desire to make a human or vulcan and i already 3 alien captains there is zero point to this.

And if it take to much time why rush to release this and not finish get it at least worth time doing.

Well they had to get it out A.S.A.P. to get that much needed advertisement! Guess maybe spamming everyones facebook feeds with ads for Discovery and all access isn't getting the job done?
  • Options

Well they had to get it out A.S.A.P. to get that much needed advertisement! Guess maybe spamming everyones facebook feeds with ads for Discovery and all access isn't getting the job done?
    well that just makes no sense discoverys new season isn't out till January so they had at least 2 months to do more.

0bzJyzP.gif

• Options
    edited October 2018

well that just makes no sense discoverys new season isn't out till January so they had at least 2 months to do more.

Well besides Discovery content that they're planning to release they also have the winter event which launches a month before season 2 and then they will have the anniversary content which launches shortly after.

They rushed ViL so they could hurry up and get to AoD content...so I'm guessing they have a lot of stuff but it will be more time released as opposed to a big drop, which is why they don't call AoD a expansion.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I made a "regular" Klingon using Alien.

Surprise! Surprise! There, huh? LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Guess I'll wait till AoD is completely done cause i'm not making a new captain again when you decide to add more races and ships...you can tell this was a rush job no ship bundles just One t6 ship? (not counting those lockbox ships)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I was really irritated by this myself.. Was lookin forward to a TRIBBLE Saurian or Andorian.... and the obviously did the work for the andorians.... but well... I kinda almost managed a saurian...ish

unknown.png
This discussion has been closed.