test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

all missions unskippable?

sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
I took a quick look at my Jem mission journal. I only played the Jem missions and mission #1 of the Klingon War. There is no option to skip mission #2 of Klingon War and all other missions and tabs are gray.

Is this so?

If it is it's a pretty big and brutal change.

Tell me I'm in error.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    All missions should now be skippable, apart from introductory jaunts over to a new region (no mission content, just go to location and speak to a contact.) If mission 2 (don't have the game in front of me) isn't one of these, then it's not an intentional change and should be reported as a bug (might be that Jem'Hadar weren't setup correctly.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    it's the diplomatic orders - vulcan ambassador to p'jem. Can only hail or transwarp.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    it's the diplomatic orders - vulcan ambassador to p'jem. Can only hail or transwarp.

then you can't skip... they deem it a required mission.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    You can definitely still skip missions. I don't about that specific one, since it's already either skipped or completed on all my toons before the update.
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    My Disco Cap can skip missions, but not my other captains.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I have missions I am locked out of that I skipped by before.
    And missions I completed that I no longer have access to.

Do I have to do this entire story arc thing all over again????

FOR example: I can not do the Endeavor....because all the Dyson Sphere stuff is locked. Wasn't before.
    You know what....THIS is probably not a good character for me to look at...it is my Ferengi.

I know I skipped stuff on her all over the place...now she has everything locked up. LOL! AS IF the SKIP missions I did BEFORE no longer count. But then they must count SOMEWHERE....because she can't skip again. ???????

Thank GOD I saved the missions in the ViL Foundry Challenge in a text file off of this program...
    or I would have had to start over on that, too.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    And I thought it was bad enough that you can't even skip the Future Proof missions.
    edited October 2018
    I can SEE all the missions in the Journal that are UNLOCKED because I did them on her before.....

For Example: The Lucky Ferengi. Gamma Quad story. I even have Leck's Knives equip on her gear...so yeah, she did that. But I have NO REPLAY BUTTON on it.

Scrolling through the list: same thing on a bunch of other missions she already did as Feature Episodes. NO REPLAY BUTTONS on any of them. Someone forget that little detail on REPLAY buttons?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Just skipped diplomatic orders on my FED, if Jem'Hadar can't skip it's definitely a bug.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    All of my characters are having the issue of story arcs greyed out. The story arcs that aren't greyed out are the ones I had completed in the past, but now I have no way of playing any of the other arcs since all the missions in the greyed out story arcs have no tabs to press like "hail" and "skip". There's just nothing there.
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Just skipped diplomatic orders on my FED, if Jem'Hadar can't skip it's definitely a bug.

My Jem'Hadar cannot skip any missions.
    If you have story arcs with no buttons at all, go through the earlier arcs and skip new the Task Force introduction missions. Worked for me.

You can skip the gamma arc and still do the new missions.
    edited October 2018
    That's right...I saw that on Tribble. But I don't remember seeing everything locked up on Tribble. I can't remember if I bothered to look on the Ferengi on Tribble, though. I usually don't even use the Ferengi...it is just that Foundry challenge, I had no other choice. LOL!

I was clicking away on the titles of the story arcs...freaking out everything was blank on Holodeck. I will go try that tonight. I really don't want to do the missions I skipped before. That's why I skipped them.

warpangel wrote: »
    If you have story arcs with no buttons at all, go through the earlier arcs and skip new the Task Force introduction missions. Worked for me.

i saw this advise mentioned in another topic and gave it a shot on one of my Fed toons and it didn't work. The remaining story arcs still were greyed out with no buttons to click at all. Oh well guess I will just run some RAs til it gets fixed....oh wait a minute

I found out what the issue was with a couple of my characters....In the New Romulus story arc I had to do the first mission New Romulus Aid. I had done the other missions in that arc back before it was a story arc and was only tied to the rep. Once I did it I was then able to skip missions and get to the Solanae arc. So there may be some missions we have to do, probably mostly the first introductory mission in an arc, if there is one, and then the buttons appear. In addition to skipping the Task force missions.

I found out what the issue was with a couple of my characters....In the New Romulus story arc I had to do the first mission New Romulus Aid. I had done the other missions in that arc back before it was a story arc and was only tied to the rep. Once I did it I was then able to skip missions and get to the Solanae arc. So there may be some missions we have to do, probably mostly the first introductory mission in an arc, if there is one, and then the buttons appear. In addition to skipping the Task force missions.
    Probably. It does appear some arcs now get completely disabled unless you've done or skipped all the previous missions. And they have indeed put other missions into the journal in earlier updates that may also be left undone on older toons, the New Rom stuff, the Kobali Prime stuff, etc.

So to amend my earlier advice, go throught the earlier arcs and skip or finish ALL the missions that haven't been skipped or finished before. The Task Forces are the ones added in this update but there may be others.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well if you can't do any Missions then they succeeded in 'Streamlining the Journal'. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I do not understand why some missions are set up to allow skipping and others are not. And why this takes place in the journal in the first place. If all of it were configured the same...cut and paste style of work would be easier to get done.

Most new players would go through the missions one by one and not skip. If the worry is missing introductory courses. And for veterans intros are just an annoyance, not a deterrence to skipping to the end once they hit level.

And there is so many avenues to better gear, besides loot or mission rewards. Devs, please take a look at those loot and mission rewards. It does no one any good to get Mark 12 blue and purple, when Mark 15 is end game. And NPCs are scaled to that.

• siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    ... The Licky Ferengi.

Don't know about you, but a licky Ferengi would have me running for the nearest transporter.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The less popular holo-series released as a spin off to vulcan love slave.

Bit more on topic, you'd have thought that in "streamlining" the journal a skip arc option would have been a sensible addition.

Then again sensible and cryptic make for stranger bed fellows than the aforementioned licky ferengi.
This discussion has been closed.