test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Canon ships in STO

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
Maybe, instead of releasing more unique Designs, we could have more Canon designs in STO. The Niagara and Freedom/Firebrand class, a renewed Cheyenne/Constellation class (Constellation needs some design changes, weapon placement and impulse engine location is wrong) or some Kelvin designs including a Kelvin 1701-A , Franklin, USS Kelvin itself....
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    STO is set in the 25th Century so it is more likely we will get updated versions of canon ships instead of these ships. Cryptic doesn't make a low level ship unless it is part of a new 'faction'. Kelvin ships, on the other hand, are more difficult to add since Cryptic needs the permission from CBS and Paramount to add them.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I just kinda want to see a Pilot Nova...
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Still waiting for a T6 Oberth.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    There is only one more fed canon ship that NEEDS to be made...and that is the nova.
    I disagree, there's still a few canon ships which need to be added to the game in T6 form.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I'd like to see the Steamrunner and Sabre bumped up to T6 status
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    removed
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Could we have that Nova first?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2018
    Excluding the missing DSC ships which we've been assured will turn up, we're missing:
    ENT: 5
    Early: Bonaventure
    KEL: 4
    KT: 3
    TOS: Just cargo ships
    TMP: 7
    TNG: 10
    DS9: 4

This is just Starfleet line ships excluding Starfleet cargo and transport ships but including minor refits. It also excludes the Excelsior study models as I can't tell how many of them appeared onscreen.

Edit: The TNG figure also includes the Olympic as the thing we have ingame is not even a poor launch era rendering of the Olympic, it's a completely different ship that shares a name.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    There is a lot more love for the Nova than the Olympic. Justifieably, so, but I remember there used to be Golfball ship fans.

Hey, does the Golfball have a T5 Fleet version?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    I think it does.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    There is a lot more love for the Nova than the Olympic. Justifieably, so, but I remember there used to be Golfball ship fans.

The TOS golfball comes at T6 actually :p Thus it is inherently superior to the Nova. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

The TOS golfball comes at T6 actually :p Thus it is inherently superior to the Nova. :p

It would be more fun if azoovuul had written this, giving her/his Tier 6 26th century bike avatar. :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Oddly I would like to see Cryptic do a Kelvin styled ship. It is a nice design in my opinion. And with all the Miranda variants about it could be done as a different frigate class.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

It would be more fun if azoovuul had written this, giving her/his Tier 6 26th century bike avatar. :p
    That's the same one you can reskin as the golfball, so yeah...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I didn't really think about the Nautilus using the Daedalus skin and honestly I don't really see the Nautilus the same way as the Olympic, however I think It would've made more sense if they made the Olympic the T6 ship using the Daedalus and the Nautilus as its own ship.
This discussion has been closed.