test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bortasqu' Bridge

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
HOLY COWS....IT IS AWESOME!!
@ichaerus1 gave me a tour of one last night. There are even Targs on there. :)

I really don't bother going on ship bridges...only time is to set a trophy for the Bat'leth tournament because I like that. LOL! So, this was all new to me. LOL!

Will it fit on my BoP??? LOL!

It gave me a respite from hours and hours and hours of Foundry mission runs I was doing, yesterday.
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    patrickngo wrote: »
    It is beautiful artwork, and completely worthless as a command center.
    that said, it's very pretty, and bigger than your bird of prey.

Patrickngo....I get what you mean.
    Bridges in this game is not used for anything but for a stage and backdrop. And this is definitely a showcase.

I liked looking out the windows. But, yes, killer during war time. LOL!
    Hey, maybe I can fly my BoP inside... ok, how about my To'Duj fighter???

I did not pay much attention when I went on a tour of the Queen Mary...they used that in WW2. Hospital and transport, I believe. I can't remember if it got fitted with guns or not, it must have. Was not really all that interested in that war stuff....I was looking at the art.

But don't laugh....it has happened before. Cruise ships converted for war, and back, again.
    That whole: utilize what you have, and rework it for what you need.
    Something that doesn't exist as much in this era of throw away and buy new.

(Ok, I went on the ghost hunting tour, too.)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    *Cracks an eye open* I do not consent to you using the Bortasqu' bridge on my ship as the Talladega Superspeedway, Klingon granny. Not in your Toduj, or your BoP. You'll spook the radioactive bacon wandering around and cause a stampede. That or crash into something. Or both.

To clarify things though, only the Bortasqu' class ships(Bortas from fleet/anniversary, T5-U trio from zen store, T6 trio from zen store), and the Durgath(26th century KDF dreadnought from the promo pack. Yeah, that super long and big behemoth) can use the bridge.

I like the bridge a lot for roleplay purposes. :)
    edited October 2018
    What??? You really think I would crash into things???
    :::quickly moving in front of the giant window on Bortasqu' bridge, effectively blocking the view of the "Operation Gamma" DS9 pylons:::::

My Fleet Leader said I should remember Bortasqu bridge from Day of Honor event. Is that the same bridge?

I don't remember doing that event but one time...running around talking to people...there wasn't much room on there. I got a bat'leth and, I think, a Klingon skirt? World's most boring event. (way too short to be practical, those skirts Cryptic makes)

And what Bortasqu' from the Anniversary??? I need that Admiralty card.

where2r1 wrote: »
    What??? You really think I would crash into things???
    :::quickly moving in front of the giant window on Bortasqu' bridge, effectively blocking the view of the "Operation Gamma" DS9 pylons:::::

My Fleet Leader said I should remember Bortasqu bridge from Day of Honor event. Is that the same bridge?

I don't remember doing that event but one time...running around talking to people...there wasn't much room on there. I got a bat'leth and, I think, a Klingon skirt? World's most boring event. (way too short to be practical, those skirts Cryptic makes)

And what Bortasqu' from the Anniversary??? I need that Admiralty card.

I believe it was the Bortas from an anniversary years back, possibly. There is a Bortas ship you can get from the ship acquisition menu provided your fleet shipyard is high enough, and you have the necessary Fleet Ship Modules. You'll need an upgrade token as well. But if you decide to go on a Bortasqu'schmorzaborg, and get silly with purchasing the 6 zen store ships, the consoles from those ships can't be bolted onto the Bortas.

As for skirts, I like the Warrior's Decorate Skirt, and the Bortasqu' skirt. I don't like the skant though.
    edited October 2018
    I been busy with the Ferengi and the Foundry. So, I have not moved more characters into that T5 Vor'cha, yet. Nor have I spent any time playing with fancy pilot tricks.

Found the Bortas in the Wiki. I remember looking at that when I was looking at lower level ships to unlock for Admiralty. I even had my Fleet Leader run that Fleet ship Provisioning project for it....came to full stop when I heard I would be gaining Fleet Ship Modules for T6 Rep. You know I rather go for that Fleet Kamarag.

(Is D'kora a battle cruiser, or what. I think it is an "or what". I have all turrets on the darn thing...talk about ultra boring. But I made it on suggestion from someone else...I been adding torps and mines to it to make it more interesting. Not helping.)

Klingon have access to skant? I wouldn't mind the kilt...those are to the knee, at least, right? Don't want my Klingons utilizing the Sailor Moon look. LOL!

Also, I know you like targs. The Kor and Kahless bridges also have targs on them, in case you've never used those bridges. Klingon granny needs more radioactive bacon!!! Or to cultivate a space orc army. Because that's one way to get space orcs. The other would be to bring strange looking mushrooms back onto your ship. :wink:
    I been busy with the Ferengi and the Foundry. So, I have not moved more characters into that T5 Vor'cha, yet. Nor have I spent any time playing with fancy pilot tricks.

Found the Bortas in the Wiki. I remember looking at that when I was looking at lower level ships to unlock for Admiralty. I even had my Fleet Leader run that Fleet ship Provisioning project for it....came to full stop when I heard I would be gaining Fleet Ship Modules for T6 Rep. You know I rather go for that Fleet Kamarag.

(Is D'kora a battle cruiser, or what. I think it is an "or what". I have all turrets on the darn thing...talk about ultra boring. But I made it on suggestion from someone else...I been adding torps and mines to it to make it more interesting. Not helping.)

Klingon have access to skant? I wouldn't mind the kilt...those are to the knee, at least, right? Don't want my Klingons utilizing the Sailor Moon look. LOL!

If you want to call a much tighter Bortasqu' skirt option, with colors that are even more washed out the KDF skant, then yes. It's in the game.
    edited October 2018
    [quote="ichaerus1;c-13432399"]
    Also, I know you like targs. The Kor and Kahless bridges also have targs on them, in case you've never used those bridges. Klingon granny needs more radioactive bacon!!! Or to cultivate a space orc army. Because that's one way to get space orcs. The other would be to bring strange looking mushrooms back onto your ship. :wink:[/quote]

I mostly DOFF and Admiralty. Once in a while do a story mission. I don't really need to visit the bridge. So, nope never seen them. LOL!

We have a mostly stocked Klingon Fleet Starbase. We have Targs there. And I visit them every day, several times a day. :) We really worked hard on getting that SB up and running. I am going to use it. It has much more meaning to get good use out of something you worked on yourself.

Queen of Hearts (Jem'Hadar) can use the strange mushrooms, because the pills does nothing at all. She can use the giant tardigrade pet (actually is a caterpillar...it is the hookah smoke illusions). I dressed her and her BOFFs up to look like playing cards.

But I know better than spending Zen on a farming unit.

[quote="ichaerus1;c-13432399"]
    If you want to call a much tighter Bortasqu' skirt option, with colors that are even more washed out the KDF skant, then yes. It's in the game.[/quote]

I REALLY loathe using that costume Tailor.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Also, I know you like targs. The Kor and Kahless bridges also have targs on them, in case you've never used those bridges. Klingon granny needs more radioactive bacon!!! Or to cultivate a space orc army. Because that's one way to get space orcs. The other would be to bring strange looking mushrooms back onto your ship. :wink:

I mostly DOFF and Admiralty. Once in a while do a story mission. I don't really need to visit the bridge. So, nope never seen them. LOL!

We have a mostly stocked Klingon Fleet Starbase. We have Targs there. And I visit them every day, several times a day. :) We really worked hard on getting that SB up and running. I am going to use it. It has much more meaning to get good use out of something you worked on yourself.

Queen of Hearts (Jem'Hadar) can use the strange mushrooms, because the pills does nothing at all. She can use the giant tardigrade pet (actually is a caterpillar...it is the hookah smoke illusions). I dressed her and her BOFFs up to look like playing cards.

But I know better than spending Zen on a farming unit.
    If you want to call a much tighter Bortasqu' skirt option, with colors that are even more washed out the KDF skant, then yes. It's in the game.

I REALLY loathe using that costume Tailor.

Speaking more on the targs, did you ever do the Officer of the Watch mission to inspect the troops, and get a targ as one of them? It was weird to inspect the targ, and find out the boots were scuffed. Then having to correct the targ and send him on his happy way...
    edited October 2018
    Speaking more on the targs, did you ever do the Officer of the Watch mission to inspect the troops, and get a targ as one of them? It was weird to inspect the targ, and find out the boots were scuffed. Then having to correct the targ and send him on his happy way...

I do believe I did have a few of those. But it has been so long since I even had the time to bother with Officer of the Watch. Plus it was broken for a long time, so I fell out of the habit. Frankly, I am not sure if those ever got fixed.

I still have to patch today. Is the poor program still confused about everything??? I think it will need another couple of patches to get all the kinks out. If they even bother to stick to it. I don't think ViL bugs got squashed...now, we have AoD on top of those.

Is it worth signing in??? AAAaaannnnndddd....launcher says another patch tomorrow....

Hey, did you make a Discovery character???? The list of annoying Fed NPC's I want to pop in the snoot grows.

Hey, did you make a Discovery character???? The list of annoying Fed NPC's I want to pop in the snoot grows.

I wouldn't make one even if it was the cure for some mass killing plague, and humanity's hope of survival needed me to make an TRIBBLE pylon. The only reason I have a Fed poor'haderp, Deltard recruit, and AoY toon, are for the account unlocks. And I don't touch those really anymore either, even though I still have a bunch of account unlocks to get.
    edited October 2018
    LOL! Deltard recruit! LOL! Well, I, at least, will try to finish the account wide rewards....don't care about the other stuff.

I just made a Discovery one to see what was new. Plus point to: killing klingorcs. Or is that klingorks.

https://i.imgur.com/5VfZG0r.jpg

(No, do not have a story behind her scars. No, do not have a story about why she does not look like other Klingons of that era. Nor do I have a story about why she got accepted into Starfleet during a war against Klingons. Do you think she needs red or brown hair or just keep it the same?? I can't decide.)

I do not want to deal with figuring out what this mission journal upheaval did to my main/regular characters......and what missions are and are not locked.

I just got them untangled from the LAST time Cryptic rearranged the missions and changed the location of the New Rom arc. Finally, got that Yesterday's War out of the way, too. I was almost home free....to hit Breen. And here we go, again.

Now, the stuff I did not finish, was supposed to move over to Available tab. Nada. The stuff I did finish and want to replay for the rest of the set. Nada. LOL!

I have not been on the computer all day...not sure how much was "fixed" in the game with today's patch. But I am off to go make dinner. So....see ya later, alligator. :)

edited October 2018
    Keep the hair the same. Makes her look like an experienced fossil that's been through the wringer.
    edited October 2018
    Keep the hair the same. Makes her look like an experienced fossil that's been through the wringer.

Actually, she is a mad scientist, playing around with her version of a WABAC Machine. When she got sucked in through time and into all sorts of troubles. She is trying to figure out how the hell she got to where she is at, what the heck are these things they are calling "Klingons" and how to get back to where she came from.

Which fits her name: Kagome I found while browsing "K" baby name listing on the internet.
    Kagome is a Japanese name meaning: Lost.

Frtoaster sent me a link to a video of some guy playing "The Big Dig". Because I never done it before. So. I watched that today. While I was watching....I was reminded of an old mission my Fleet Leader told me about. It had something to do with "Salt Vampires". Which I, also, never done before.

I had to look up "Salt Vampire"....because I forgot what it was. Actually, I am not sure I ever knew what it was. But I recognize the picture. It looks like a Bigfoot with white hair and nasty fangs. Suction cups on it's hands!!

See picture here: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/M-113_creature

Perfect nightmare for Halloween. THAT is what gave her the scars on her face...

The Salt Vampire bit her face in a fight. The darn thing was sucking her pet Targ named Baby Bacon (Bacon is known to be salty, you know). So....it was on. Salt Vampire final and fatal move was to use those fangs of his...which brought on his quick demise because it only pissed off the Klingon even more than she already was, when bit. She tore him to shreds.

They are still trying to get all the white hair out of the carpet to this day.

BTW...though she misses Baby Bacon, every day while she is lost in time...she has a new pet which is all the craze with the Star Fleet kids....a Tardigrade she named Pancetta.

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

Actually, she is a mad scientist, playing around with her version of a WABAC Machine. When she got sucked in through time and into all sorts of troubles. She is trying to figure out how the hell she got to where she is at, what the heck are these things they are calling "Klingons" and how to get back to where she came from.

Which fits her name: Kagome I found while browsing "K" baby name listing on the internet.
    Kagome is a Japanese name meaning: Lost.

Frtoaster sent me a link to a video of some guy playing "The Big Dig". Because I never done it before. So. I watched that today. While I was watching....I was reminded of an old mission my Fleet Leader told me about. It had something to do with "Salt Vampires". Which I, also, never done before.

I had to look up "Salt Vampire"....because I forgot what it was. Actually, I am not sure I ever knew what it was. But I recognize the picture. It looks like a Bigfoot with white hair and nasty fangs. Suction cups on it's hands!!

See picture here: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/M-113_creature

Perfect nightmare for Halloween. THAT is what gave her the scars on her face...

The Salt Vampire bit her face in a fight. The darn thing was sucking her pet Targ named Baby Bacon (Bacon is known to be salty, you know). So....it was on. Salt Vampire final and fatal move was to use those fangs of his...which brought on his quick demise because it only pissed off the Klingon even more than she already was, when bit. She tore him to shreds.

They are still trying to get all the white hair out of the carpet to this day.

BTW...though she misses Baby Bacon, every day while she is lost in time...she has a new pet which is all the craze with the Star Fleet kids....a Tardigrade she named Pancetta.

with the name kagome, I have three pieces of advice:
    1. if you meet anyone named Naraku, shoot him dead.
    2. if you run across anything call a Shikon Jewel, shoot it dead.
    3. if run across a boy with dog ears that it appears someone already shot dead, go head and pull the arrow out it'll be fine.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    edited October 2018
    nightken wrote: »
    with the name kagome, I have three pieces of advice:
    1. if you meet anyone named Naraku, shoot him dead.
    2. if you run across anything call a Shikon Jewel, shoot it dead.
    3. if run across a boy with dog ears that it appears someone already shot dead, go head and pull the arrow out it'll be fine.

OH, this Kagome excels at destroying things with white hair. Obviously, not going to be a problem.

+++++++++++

I was advised this morning that during that mission, called "Mine Trap", YOU could get turn into a Salt Vampire, yourself!!! Which reminds me of werewolves.

So, I bet Kagome adds killer amounts of fun to those midnight parties! Feds need to have more fun!!! :)

You know, Salt Vampire costume for Halloween. Devs, could that be a thing??

OK, how about bringing back "Mine Trap", with scarier Salt Vampires, a few ghostly Devidians, and demon Fek'lhr for a Halloween Event? And heck with saving Romulans. We need to save Pavyl in a mine...we need tombs, graveyards and fog. And all on the NIGHT TIME map of RISA. Really, we all miss that night time map of Risa.

++++++++++++

I was out doffing on a few of my characters. I notice it is sooooo much easier to see the Negh'Var and Vor'cha.....even while out in sector space. Though, it makes for rather boring space battles.

I may just have to switch to Battle Cruisers for sector space stuff...but practice patrols and empire defenses in the BoP.

Though, still not sold on buying the Vor'ral....it has too many "things" attached. I hate those buttons and skills that need "filling up" or "stacking" to keep track of.

Plus, it has Temporal seats and I want to study Intelligence specialization next.

So, I will bide my time. Wait to see if they come up with a T6 Kamarag. Or wait for me to bother doing T6 Rep and get the FSM to get the Fleet Kamarag.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

Wow, there is nothing not broken? Everything on holding pattern. Just Doff/Admiral.

I am still waiting on complaints that T6 Rep completion locks up the skill tree (which it was doing on Tribble). I am not even gonna go down that road. Let someone else be the guinea pig on Holodeck.

edited October 2018
    Ya know....battle cruisers are a pain to fly. :(

I am sick and tired of slowing down, speeding up, slowing down, speeding up. If I don't practice this more and get a hang of it...what am I going to do when a Kamarag comes out? If it does, anyways. Or if I ever get those FSM and get the Fleet one?

@ichaerus1 how come yours seem to turn faster than mine?

Ya know....battle cruisers are a pain to fly. :(

I am sick and tired of slowing down, speeding up, slowing down, speeding up. If I don't practice this more and get a hang of it...what am I going to do when a Kamarag comes out? If it does, anyways. Or if I ever get those FSM and get the Fleet one?

@ichaerus1 how come yours seem to turn faster than mine?

Multiple reasons.

1. When I was distributing skill points, I made sure that I filled out the turn speed increase.
    2. I use pilot spec either as a primary, or a secondary in space.
    3. I use Attack Pattern: Omega.
    4. I usually use the Strategic Maneuvering Frequency "aura" for a battlecruiser.
    5. Competitive reputation engines(tactical version, and I use CRF/BOL).
    6. If I'm not using Aux2Bat as a build, I'm definitely using Aux2ID.
    7. I have the trait Helmsman.
    8. I use the reputation trait from Delta Rep called Advanced Engines.
    9. Evasive Maneuvers as well.
    10. Deft Cannoneer trait from Cannons R&D.
    11. If I'm flying in a Bortasqu', I'll use two pieces of the T6 set, for additional +3 turnrate, and one of those is the Flagship target computer, which can give turnrate when activated. If not in a Bortasqu', I use what's above.
    12. I have a Conductive RCS console with the turn mod at Mk 15, or I can use the K-13 drift consoles(Hull Penetration and Turnrate on the consoles)
    13. Emergency Power to Engines.
    edited October 2018
    LOL! I don't have enough fingers to click all that at once. LOL!

I can't get on the Forums with my Computer....but just fine with my Mobile stuffs. What the heck is ARC doing??

edited October 2018
    Well...last weekend I did some story missions in that Dyson Sphere and Delta Quad in that Mirror Neg'Var Battlecruiser. I was really "Meh!" with it.

So, I think what I will do is: switch back to the Kor and replay those...just to compare.
    Was it the battlecruiser or the missions that made playing uninspiring.

It was, also, the first time I got hit with one of those torpedoes of death....that killed me with a million-billion of kinetic damage all at one time. So, I want to know why it happened....

And why I never saw this until I did the Delta Quad mission. I NEVER saw this happen before....even when doing FEs beyond Delta Quad stuff.

LOL! I don't have enough fingers to click all that at once. LOL!

I can't get on the Forums with my Computer....but just fine with my Mobile stuffs. What the heck is ARC doing??

Oh...I don't click them all at once...I cycle through them in a rotation based on needs. For the abilities, I use these:
    1. Emergency Power to Engines set to hotkey Control+W
    2. Aux2ID if I'm not using Aux2Bat build set to Shift+W
    3. Evasive Maneuvers set to Shift+E
    4. Cannon Rapid Fire or Beam Overload with the Competitive Engines. Set to 1 and Shift+1
    5. Attack Pattern: Omega 1 set to Control+E

Everything else is pretty much a trait, or something that a doff grants. Except for maybe a console active here and there.

I have my action bars set to where my movement/agility spikes are in groups close to each other(such as Beam Overload and Cannon: Rapid Fire, or Emergency Power to Engines and Attack Pattern Omega 1, with keybinds arranged next to each other as well. This way my fingers don't dance everywhere like they used to in my SWTOR days. I used a MERC STEALTH keyboard back then so I had a numberpad on the left side as well as the right.) In all actuality, I use four fingers for my shenanigans most of the time, two at a time at most. I don't know how to set up the willy-nilly-silly macros for this game, and I'm fine with that.
    :( My Temporal Recruit has to do "Of Bajor" for a Temporal Probe thing. BLECK! :(
    I was hoping that would be one of the ones they would have removed, permanently. LOL!

My Temp Recruit is flying the Vorgon escort ... https://sto.gamepedia.com/Vorgon_Xyfius_Heavy_Escort
    Launching those Harrasser Probes. LOL! Those are more fun to watch than mines.

I did "Doomsday Device" on the AoD character before I gave up on her (there really is nothing compelling about the Fed story)...I miss flying my BoP.

edited November 2018
    Hey, I been watching Timberwolf videos on You Tube I got in emails recently...what caught my eye was he is using the Klingon ships. The Temporal D-7 and Mat'ha Raptor, both use A2B builds. Just ignore the Space Barbie stuff about ST Discovery.

If you want to take a look, he goes over the gear right at the beginning of the videos. Elite stuff, I will never have half of the gear he mentions on there...you might already own it, though. @ichaerus1

One thing I notice: he has collected DmgX4, not the CrtDx4....though I have not a clue why. I am sure he says somewhere in one of his videos. He mentions he has other A2B builds....on Fed ships. However, some of those Fed ships seating/console slots might work better with some of the KDF Battlecruisers than a fancy Promo ship or a Raptor.

I will leave this here...if you are ever researching that stuff.

Mat'ha with Cannons
    https://youtu.be/odTuwKeYSHg

Temporal D-7 with Beams
    https://youtu.be/wg-Qz47i6EI

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    [...]
    One thing I notice: he has collected DmgX4, not the CrtDx4....though I have not a clue why. I am sure he says somewhere in one of his videos.

[Dmg] always gives +3% final damage no matter what, whereas the average final damage (since [CrtD] requires a Critical Hit to be in effect, you need to go for average) you can get out of [CrtD] varies by how much Critical Hit Chance, Critical Damage, and Category 2 damage your build has already. [CrtD] and [Dmg] are pretty close on an optimum build, and which gives more on average depends on what gear is available. A few seasons ago someone ran the calculations and [Dmg] came out ahead on Tactical characters thanks to the extra Critical Damage they get from Attack Pattern Alpha, but a more recent one (post AoD) that [CrtD] wins out by a small margin even on Tacs now when it comes to 'meta' builds now.
    Thanks tom61 for the info!

I am pretty much hands off with that collecting mods business. LOL!

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    I have the Bortasqu’ the bridge is beautiful
    edited November 2018
    If ever I get space rich, I might be able to get one just for the Bridge. :) And Engineering Admiralty cards...I am really short on Engineering Admiralty cards. LOL!

Well....for the Bridge and for the Targs... of course.

(We unlocked the Targs on our KDF Fleet Starbase, too. :) LOL!)