test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hangar pets mediocrity.

This is not about how powerful they are, this is about how much they care about their captain.
Some follows me, sniffing my tailpipe whenever i use full impulse, ready to fight beside the mothership. Others don't give a darn and stay around 20-30 km away, promenade speed until they reach me, meanwhile i fighting my effing TRIBBLE off trying to stay alive.

I need them, with me!

I like ships with hangar bays. True carriers is what i love. Two hanger bays with frigates is what i want.
Best one so far is the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier. Loyal frigates at last! Plus, the wingmen is awesome! More of this mechanic for carriers!

The Federation carrier, Jupiter class and its frigates, well, was the biggest disappointment i've had yet! I dig the ship itself, but the pets are mediocre at keeping up with the mothership. I do love them when they are there though, but they rarely are. So i use Elite Scorpions instead...
At least they follows me and do great damage. But i did not buy this ship to use Scorpions, i wanted to use FED frigates with it! Now my fleet bought pets are gathering dust. Pitty, they are awesome when the are around, but that mean me flying around at low impulse...

Please, whoever at Cryptic handles the code for pets, do rework the pets to keep up with the mothership.

Comments

• Options
    nejdinenejdine Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Just bought the Cardassian Intel Science Dreadnough. *Cough* Guess what? The pets are just as bad as the Jupiter carrier.
    What... What are you doing, Cryptic? Please look over the code for hangar pets! Copy/paste the code from the scorpions and we're all good. They follow me whatever i do!
    Do i hear someone say *Use Scorpions then, MF!* No, i do not want to use those on every darn ship that have hangars.
    It's nice with variety, you know, and themes?