What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back random exploration missions?

2»

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    As a random aside, in my naivete when I first saw 'Age of Discovery' it didn't even click about the new show, I was just like "Oh, maybe the long awaited exploration revamp and some new content?" and then of course I realized that no, it's another time travel pseudo faction and excuse to push lotto boxes for TRIBBLE stuff.

I think I had the same initial thought and it is likely that there are more people that had the first initial thought of Discovery and Exploration instead of the latest Star Trek series.

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    That's not true, they also said "it's coming, but it takes time".

More to the point:
    8ibuD1M.png

Never assume that any feature in development will necessarily see its way to the game. People can be pulled from projects to work on something else (more immediately pressing) and ideas can be abandoned after practical implementation. Even announced features like personal endeavors have been nixed somewhere along the way. What the devs say on Ten Forward (re. upcoming content) should be seen an intention rather than something that we can definitely expect at some point (especially with respect to unannounced features. We know for example that they were working on something small for the Foundry. Our last tease was two years ago.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.