test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feature request/idea - Environmental Suit slot

rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Controls and User Interface
I was looking at the environmental suit (EV) and on the UI we have a slot for the body armor; could we add a second slot for environmental suit. This way I can give my character and BOFFs the complete set and allow me to have the units configured and ready for each situation.

This would require some rework, as each mission that asks to put on an environmental suit would have to look into this slot or ask one to equipped. As we do not have a lot of missions/situations that require us to equip a EV suit, now would be an easier time to make the modification (I am assuming :smile:)?

(Apologies if this is not the right place, was not sure where it would fit for a suggestion around this)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Been discussed before. Although it might be labelled "armor", we have a UI slot for one of three choices. Armor, EV suit, or armored EV suit. Armor is bulky, EV suits are bulky. armor is not made to be worn over an EV suit and EV suits are not made to be worn over armor and neither of them are small and light enough to be carried around while wearing the other.

I know, this is a game, we can walk around all day long with an inventory that can include entire boxed up starships but for a tiny bit of realism, we can only actually wear/equip what can (somewhat) realistically actually be worn/carried at one time, pretty much like any MMO.

Considering that you can keep whichever one you aren't wearing, armor/EV suit, in your inventory and switch them with a few mouse clicks what need is there for them to modify the UI so that you can basically wear them both ?

The only thing that modifying the UI would do is to allow a player to have the bonuses of both the armor and the EV suit at the exact same time. A totally unnecessary change that would only serve to make ground combat ridiculously easy compared to just really easy.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png