test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

opinion on mods KB1 KB2 on ground weapons

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,289 Arc User
got a couple of rifles that have CrtD CrtH and KB2 thinking about reengineering them to ge either a second CRT or a dmg mod...
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I enjoy my plasma wide beam rifles with the [KB3] mod. I'm 100% sure that it's not mathematically optimal but (besides vaporizing 5 enemies at once) there's nothing more satisfying than using the secondary fire mode to knock 5 enemies on their backside and knock them back a good distance.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I like the KB3 mod. True, it doesn't add to dmg, but it does interrupt whatever the enemy is doing for several seconds...and it makes me laugh.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Isn't Knock Back one of the mods you can't re-engineer?

Personally, I find it pretty much worthless, if you can re-engineer it, go for CrtD or something useful.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    AFAIK you can't re-engineer another mod into being KB but you can re-engineer out of it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,530 Arc User
    I think KB1 and DOT1 level up to 3 as you increase the mark of the weapon.

KB isn't totally useless since it keeps them from attacking you for a few rounds. Think of it as damage reduction.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I like the KB3 mod. True, it doesn't add to dmg, but it does interrupt whatever the enemy is doing for several seconds...and it makes me laugh.

Agree...great for the laughs. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think KB1 and DOT1 level up to 3 as you increase the mark of the weapon.
    DoT is weird because, last I checked, it actually changes damage type.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    I wonder if being KB'ed counts being controlled, in which case it CAN increase your damage since there is a trait that lets you do more damage to controlled targets.

Unless there is a ground variant I am overlooking, controlled countermeasures is a space trait.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    There is a STO Ground reddit....their Wiki is a nice read.
    Though, it is not been updated since the moderator isn't around as much.

https://www.reddit.com/r/STOGround/wiki/index

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Well...the only thing I could find was in the Wiki under a skill called "Will Power".

There it lists the GROUND CONTROL EFFECTS...one of which is Knockback.
    Willpower
    Captain
    Resist Ground Control Effects

This skill improves your resistance to control effects on the ground. The more points you spend in this skill, the more you will increase your resistance to Hold, Stun, Disable, Root, Slow, Placate, Confuse, Knock and Repel.

It is really hard to find Ground information.

This discussion has been closed.