test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best tactical boff?

skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
What's the best tactical boff you can buy from the fleet. Or in the game as a whole ?

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Space wise:

For Fleet, best Tac BOff is a rare male Romulan which comes with Superior Romulan Operative. That's probably still best for KDF and Feds, but for Romulans, going with a recruited one (either gender) with Superior Romulan Operative and Subterfuge traits is slightly better.

For Fleet in non-Tac slots, you should consider a Kentari from the Colony holding on non-Roms. You only need one because the boost they give doesn't stack up any faster. The boost doesn't look like it will out-do what the crit boosts from the aforementioned SROs, so Tac slots it's better to go with those on non-Romulans and Romulans it's best to fill all slots with SROs.

Non-fleet, the Vanguard Jem'Hadar with Engineered Soldier (Space) is about half the crit of SRO with a tiny bit of extra damage (5% Category 1) you can have one each profession commissioned, if you have the large Jem'Hadar pack. These obviously won't out pace SROs, but if you're Fed or KDF they're about second best. Kentari might out pace them, but on the average ship you'll have room for a Engineering and Sci Vanguard Jem, and then having the Kentari in whatever space you have left.

Following that is Pirate Trait, a 1.5% Category 2 Bonus damage. For Feds you can get one Nasicaan with Pirate when you hit Tier 5 Diplomancy, most go with Engineering, and then another can be had from one of the Delta arc missions where you get a Hierarcy Science officer with Pirate and Efficient. KDF you can get Nasicaans via Recruitment DOff missions, or dead cheap on the Exchange for any of your BOff slots. SROs still beat these out on average.

For ground, I'd leave that to someone else. Most of the time if you're trying to max out performance, you'll want different BOffs on your Away Team than in the slots on your ship, as the Traits are usually Space or Ground, but not both.
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Ground:

Space: Fleet Embassy Rare Male Tactical Romulan (Superior Romulan Operative trait)

Ground: Any Jem'hadar VR boff (the mission reward one or the Dukan'Rex one that also buffs your team with the Veteran Aura).
  • Options
    > @pryor#5476 said:
    > Android Bridge Officer.......

They have no space trait
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    What about the Android Diff, says immunity to placates and confuse, but to what extent, does it really work, does it work against other players in PvP, plactates can allow a weak ship to kill you, I know because I use them, and it really CHAPS MY AASS when there used against me, if this Android Diff will fix that, please let me know.

If you look at the little icon to the right of trait there is either a ship (space) or a person (ground). The android traits are ground. The self-resurrect and superior creativity of the LTS android is nice, I've used one with several captains as a Science healer.