test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exchange controlled by a few.

Certain items are monopolized by a select few players. I know the problem is that there are so few players left playing. That a small group of players are able to control certain market items all by themselves. Creating a monopoly of sorts. This was become more of a problem as the game has aged. Every year it has been getting worse. Is there any solution Cryptic can do to control this? Or will it be something we just have to suffer through now that we have the problem?

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    How can items be monopolized when any player can acquire them from lock boxes and the lobi store? It's impossible for players to control the supply.

Also, doom thread.

The exchange is working just fine. R & D pack ships cost so much because the cost per pack is $2-2.50 and the drop rate is 1 in 100 packs.
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Unless Cryptic can make a boat load of money off doing something, they wont. Sad but true fact.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Certain items are monopolized by a select few players. I know the problem is that there are so few players left playing. That a small group of players are able to control certain market items all by themselves. Creating a monopoly of sorts. This was become more of a problem as the game has aged. Every year it has been getting worse. Is there any solution Cryptic can do to control this? Or will it be something we just have to suffer through now that we have the problem?

What are you having problems obtaining? Lockbox stuffs? Lobi stuff?

Are you having problems finding EC to spend in the first place?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    If things stop selling at the (allegedly) high prices, they will either post them for less or withdraw them from the exchange. The market allows the players to pay what they want. Save those EC and buy it or don't. Many of the highly sought after ships/traits/lobi items have a real world money attachment to them. Those keys that opened the boxes came from DilEX or Zen purchases. It's not unreasonable to account for that investment when putting items on the exchange.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

This entire quote is laughable.

A group cannot monopolize a market unless they can control supply. This is basic economics, it's probably on page 1 of chapter one. Take off your tin foil hat, no one is pulling the strings behind the scenes. If anything, STO has a remarkably healthy market. The main reason I have continued to play this game as long as I have is because I know that I can pretty much get anything I want.

The last thing any of us need is cryptic interfering in the player market.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    guys we're not going to go down this road as it's already deteriorating rapidly. /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.