test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gamma Reputation items

bishop#7533 bishop Member Posts: 61 Arc User
Hey Guys so i finally reached Tier 5 on Gamma rep. I crafted the ship gear and weapons pretty excited in trying the whole set out.
I'm a science capt running a Exotic Torp boat. has any science captain messed around with this new set of gear from Gamma?
So far from what I'm noticing in the more details tab of each crafted gamma piece for Ship gear and weapons don't see any set
bonus wearing two ore more. it does list part of a set but no info for set bonus traits.

What are your likes and dislikes?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    The gamma rep stuff dosen't really go much into sci territory.
    The weapon/console set has polaron, mine, projectile and chroniton buffs so it's more for a energy+torp build.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Task_Force_Ordinances

Though deflector and engines have decent Ctrl stats if that's your build type.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Gamma_Team_Synergies (fixed link)
    Post edited by seriousdave on
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I just use the space set for Space Barbie. :) 'Pretty in pink', YAY
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen
    ;):p

Here ya go: Pretty in Pink :)

Top picture is my Jem (trying very hard to forget I'm playing a male character there, lol); and bottom picture is my 'Pink Panthress', on my Engi toon.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Looks nice, but....
    ;)

Also the core has the fastest sector and slipstream speed.
    Post edited by seriousdave on
  • Options
    Pink energy ;p FTW... Im going to test them out the full set with fellow fleeters on pve runs for group makeup set bonuses. Reduction to 50 percent cooldown is something i cant ignore and extra power OOOFAAAAAAA. We been discussing it last night possibly using mine field for the Gauntlet Space. We know how hard those bums are on 3rd stage in elite mode.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    The tier 4 traits of that rep aren’t bad. I considered the deflector for my kinetic builds as well but na, will stick to colony.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    It's really a pretty meh set for sci-torp. Yes, deflector does *something* useful, especially if you like control, but there are much better options like Colony, Solanae, re-enged Bajoran or 8472 (if you're like me and also want to buff torps).

Warp Core is nice, but I don't see it beating Temporal Operative. WCE is nice to have and Trajector Jump has amazing utility.

Set bonuses are interesting and 3pc beats MACO 2pc, but only if at least 2 other ppl are also torpers in your team. And to be frank, I don't think I've ever had a run like that myself in 2018. They weren't very common even before S13, let alone now.
    Plus, if you are a sci-torper, it's pretty tough to determine whether you'd even want that torp boost in the first place, considering how Temp Op 2pc gives a hefty boost to your sci powers instead.

So, I can definitely see a full team of pure torpers using that set (if they'd manage to all log in at the same time :D ), but for sci-torp, I'm cautious to recommend it.
  • Options
    Yeah, the set really isn't that great. The only things I'd recommend are the core for Tour the Galaxy and the shield for space barbie, anything else has better alternatives.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen
    ;):p

Here ya go: Pretty in Pink :)

Top picture is my Jem (trying very hard to forget I'm playing a male character there, lol); and bottom picture is my 'Pink Panthress', on my Engi toon.
    Aww, that's so cute. I have to get that for my Annorax.
  • Options
    I just got to say i tried it yesterday on a new ship to test it out and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. Especially the control alone is insane to watch how fast the enemies are pulled from gravity well. Its just insane how strong it is. As I pull them towards me its launching mines in front of them and its just instant kills. Its pretty awesome i have to finish upgrading them to gold xv. Though I do prefer the engine from pvp rep because it feels like driving one of those fast and furious cars and skidding the turns and drift with ease to pivot the shield direction. Its still pretty cool to have and use with friends so all can benefit the group bonus.
This discussion has been closed.