test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Four-inch 3-D printed ship arrived ahead of schedule

jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
I ordered the Ranger in 3-D because I'm old-school. (Saw TOS in the original run.) I figured that if they got that right, they could get the other ships right. tl;dr: I'm going to have more of my ships printed. This replica compares very favorably with all the other miniatures I've collected over the years.

I'll see if I can do photos later...getting ready for a road trip right now but wanted to make sure to comment on this before I leave.
boldly-watched.png

Comments

• ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    If I may ask, when did you order your ship? Did you get any email notification that it had printed and shipped or did it just show up one day?
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Hi--I'm thinking it was the same day they opened up the opportunity. (I don't have the date to hand, but it might be back in the game pages notes.) It arrived with no fanfare or warning--in fact, I didn't recognize the box, and since my wife gets just about all the packages here, I gave it to her without looking at the addressee. She presented the open box with the comment "I think this is yours."
    boldly-watched.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    Hi--I'm thinking it was the same day they opened up the opportunity. (I don't have the date to hand, but it might be back in the game pages notes.) It arrived with no fanfare or warning--in fact, I didn't recognize the box, and since my wife gets just about all the packages here, I gave it to her without looking at the addressee. She presented the open box with the comment "I think this is yours."

how's the Pylons? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    Not bad. Like every other TOS ship with those pylons (particularly the innumerable AMT models I built as a kid), one gets the impression that they dip a bit at the far end, but in general, it's all good. The lines are clean and the curves are smooth on the entire ship.
    boldly-watched.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    Not bad. Like every other TOS ship with those pylons (particularly the innumerable AMT models I built as a kid), one gets the impression that they dip a bit at the far end, but in general, it's all good. The lines are clean and the curves are smooth on the entire ship.

I'm pondering the ranger or the pioneer or the daedalus. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    I don't have others--right now it's doing my Soyuz class. I tried having two simultaneous orders but they're not doing that yet. What the Fabrication? The Picard Stargazer Constellation is next.
    boldly-watched.png