test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where to obtain more Dominion Environmental Suits?

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
I obtained this Dominion Environmental Suit for purchasing the Gamma Vanguard Megabundle:
2C2B356506CF14DB66AC98C53C5CD5CEA26988A6
I would like to get 4 more Dominion Environmental Suits for my Away Team.

Does anyone know where to go to get more Dominion Environmental Suits and if they are available?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I just bought a bunch, but it would be good for there to be an answer on this for others' sakes. My Federation, Klingon, and Romulan toons just pull their away teams' faction-specific EVA suits out of a vending machine, thanks to veteran rewards.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I don't know either. There is a C-Store item at 500 Zen for the EVA Suit, but I haven't bought it because it seems odd that the Vanguard Pack contains a single EVA Suit and then there is still a C-Store item for the EVA Suit. Does that mean every time I want the suit, I need to spend 500 Zen, so 2000 Zen for all my BOs?

Or is the C-Store Item an unlock and once you buy it, you can acquire as many as you like? But if that's the case, why does the Vanguard Pack only contain a single one? Or should the Vanguard Pack have unlocked the C-Store Item as well?

I am unwilling right now to spend 500 Zen to test this.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    I bought the Gamma Vanguard Megabundle and all it granted me was one EVA suit.
    There was no unlock I could locate for additional free suits of that type to be requisitioned for my BOFFs.
    I couldn't even find a generic Dominion EVA suit.

But as far as I could tell, the C-Store item is still required to be purchased even with my ownership of the Megabundle.
    Hence the question, if it came to this, I'd just go to the mission that supplies Solanae Environmental suits and stock up on those for free rather then pay for my BOFFs to get these suits.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It's like the purple-quality beekeeper TOS EV Suit. 1 free per qualifying character with the pack, and you have to buy any others that you may want. 23rd century characters could at least get free common versions of that suit in a mission, but Jems have no such luck.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You get one Suit per Character, period. Any beyond that you would have to pay 500 Zen per from the C-Store. This is the same as the AoY EV Suit.

I'm not sure that if you dispose of that 'free' , whether you can reclaim it for free.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    I bought the Gamma Vanguard Megabundle and all it granted me was one EVA suit.
    But as far as I could tell, the C-Store item is still required to be purchased even with my ownership of the Megabundle.
    Hence the question, if it came to this, I'd just go to the mission that supplies Solanae Environmental suits and stock up on those for free rather then pay for my BOFFs to get these suits.

It really depends how much you really want the dominion suit and if you want to shell out more zen.

Personally I just run the mission and pick up the 3 different EV suits (to give some variance):
    The following will give you a run down of where to get the suits and the missions that use them:
    1. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Environmental_Suit