test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More founder connections ...

I don't know if anyone has discussed this before but given STOs great way of connecting random trek races/events into coherent stories and recent Founder revelations has anyone at Cryptic considered the following:

Armus from Skin of Evil (who killed Tasha Yar) was actually a founder/related to them.

Quote from Memory-Alpha "Armus was born as a by-product of a procedure in which a race of "titans" brought out from within themselves all evil and negative attributes that had bound them to destructiveness"

So, with the Founders getting started with the Dominion and thinking of themselves as Gods (Titans etc) they decided to be as perfect as possibly by ridding themselves of what they considered their negative aspects, creating Armus. While the Founders can hardly be considered good guys by us, by their own standards they are not evil. They are simply better than us and think the universe would be safer if they were in control of us.

Evidence: Armus spends most of his time as a pool of liquid, and reverts to that state when not active. He can change his shape (in a limited fashion anyhow). If he is the 'evil' parts of the great link that could be why he is jet black and they are golden (heavenly/god-like etc).

I know it might be a bit of a stretch, but the thought just occurred and it seemed perfect for inclusion into STO somewhere down the line. Maybe re-merging with the link at some-point (ala The Dark Crystal) to make a better/more balanced link at the end.

Any thoughts? Do you think this could have traction?

Comments

• heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    I've seen this suggested before. I think there's definitely a strong case to be made that Armus is related to the founders and I'd love to see such a storyline. Maybe they could even pull in Sela for a confrontation with Armus, although Sela's demons seem pretty well put to rest after "Survivor".

What I would say is that Armus is not necessarily a reliable narrator. He sees himself as having been cast off from their negative aspects, but that could also be him constructing a narrative to justify his own insanity. He could also be a shapeshifter who was injured or corrupted in some way, or some part of themselves that they had to cut off for other reasons. Maybe part of the link was infected by a disease and the diseased portion was culled or something. There are a lot of different possibilities.

Lot to play with there, though, in any event.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Um, no. the race that accidentally created that malevolent bit of tar was described as being angel-like.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Their biology is wildly different. Armus is just an evil oil slick. The Founders are actual shapeshifters that are jelly-like.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion