test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Beauty and the Werewolf" (in conception stage) objectives. I'll post the dialogue later.

xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
Mission begins at the Vulcan system.
  • Go to Vulcan system.
  • Answer hail from tactical officer
  • Defeat Federation (Section 31) ships (0/3)
  • Answer hail from USS Dacia
  • Map transfer to USS Dacia's throne room
  • Talk to Admiral Jerome C. Ketchum-Chew
  • Repel extradimensional boarders (0/5)
  • Retrieve an enchanted plant from the royal quarters
  • Give it to Sapph
  • Answer hail from tac officer (Transfer to space map)
  • Answer hail from Franklin Drake
  • Defeat Franklin Drake and his allies (0/4)
  • Answer hails from Jerome and Sapph. *End of mission*
temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
Post edited by xungnguyen on

Comments

• Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    The various events seem to be linked up correctly.

Now, as far as crossovers go, I'll be honest : I've never been a fan of those, and i prefer to keep impermeable barriers between fictive universes ; but that's just me, I guess. Some players probably enjoy it.

If i could, however, spare an advice : you mention the Heartless at some point, and you may want to change that name to something else. Indeed, it is against the Foundry's EULA to use names or characters from other existing franchises, and doing so would be enough for Cryptic to take down your mission.
  • Options
    Alright. I changed Heartless to extradimensional. This mission is for Federation players btw. How can I create Nessie and other mythical creatures in the Foundry? Sapph will be a "humanoid" Loch Ness monster while her mate will be a werewolf.
    Your character will get a prompt to bow to Sapph and Jerome in the throne room.

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    xungnguyen wrote: »
    Alright. I changed Heartless to extradimensional. This mission is for Federation players btw. How can I create Nessie and other mythical creatures in the Foundry? Sapph will be a "humanoid" Loch Ness monster while her mate will be a werewolf.
    Your character will get a prompt to bow to Sapph and Jerome in the throne room.

The Foundry costume editor should have decent visuals to come up with reptilian or wolfish humanoids, even though they will still be flat-faced and not so much bestial-looking in appearance.
  • Options
    Also, the female aliengen's messed up in the Foundry. It won't let me select blue for skin color.

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    To be honest, some crossovers work better than others. It's like putting trek into Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones, the two don't work together. Something like combining Trek and Aliens would work (that would be awesome)
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      To be honest, some crossovers work better than others. It's like putting trek into Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones, the two don't work together. Something like combining Trek and Aliens would work (that would be awesome)

You'd be surprised, there's a fanfic out there that rewrites GoT as a space opera. (If you're interested, it's called Let the Galaxy Burn.)
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • Options
      edited June 2018
      starswordc wrote: »

You'd be surprised, there's a fanfic out there that rewrites GoT as a space opera. (If you're interested, it's called Let the Galaxy Burn.)

The mirror universe would be good for a Trek GoT, all the political intrigue and back stabbing would make it interesting to say the least and you don't need that much action really because too much would not help the story along.
      Back to the thread subject at hand, Pokemon, Trek and mythological creatures don't really work that well in a crossover (I'm not sold on the idea). I'm not being nasty but honest on the subject.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        Raven, I'm trying to find a good interior for the throne room in the Foundry.

• Options
        I don;t have the patience to build maps
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          Well, I might have to ask Sutherland about this.

• Options
          All I can say is use your imagination, it's a throne room so it has to be stylish
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            Yeah. The Foundry can be a bit limited when it comes to interiors? How can I program a way to make your character bow to my characters in the throne room?

• Options
            Not sure to be honest, I don't have the patience for programming
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options
              edited June 2018
              Yeah. The Foundry can be a bit limited when it comes to interiors? How can I program a way to make your character bow to my characters in the throne room?

Your only option for that is to use one of the available animations. If it does not exist already in the Foundry, there's sadly no way to create one.

As for a throne room interior, i'd suggest using the Great Hall of Qo'Nos map as a base.
            • Options
              spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
              ashstorm1 wrote: »

Your only option for that is to use one of the available animations. If it does not exist already in the Foundry, there's sadly no way to create one.

As for a throne room interior, i'd suggest using the Great Hall of Qo'Nos map as a base.
              IIRC a "bow" animation does exist, though if it doesn't there's few "salute" animations you could use instead. As for building a throne room it's actually not that hard if you don't go overboard, a simple retangular room with a chair at one end is a good way to start, then add collums and banners until you get the basic look you desire.
            • Options
              Experiment around until you get what you are looking for
              NMXb2ph.png
              • Options
                I also want to recreate the Discovery MU uniforms for Sapph and Jerome since they fit the royal theme. I think the STO wiki has a guide on creating MU costumes.

• Options
                starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
                edited June 2018
                I also want to recreate the Discovery MU uniforms for Sapph and Jerome since they fit the royal theme. I think the STO wiki has a guide on creating MU costumes.

Here's the guides on the wiki: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors

They don't appear to have DSC yet, you'll have to work on that one yourself.
                "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
                — Sabaton, "Great War"
                VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
              • Options
                Kit parts on the arms and chest painted gold with the Discovery uniform in black, try that.
                NMXb2ph.png
                • Options
                  How do I put a screenshot in the forums?

• Options
                  Upload the screenshot to something like deviant art first, click the picture frame on this forum's user interface and a box will appear. You can then link the image URL from the site you stored the image from, Deviant art is the best one for that
                  NMXb2ph.png
                  • Options
                    Alright. Here's a dialogue "teaser"
                    Sapphire: Player, you have to hear me out on this. I only left the Federation to keep a vow to my daughter. Section 31 are cowards who are willing to go after a monarch's kid to "protect" the Federation. They also tried to kill my nephew Orion a few days ago. You would do the same if you were in my position.
                    Jerome: Our vow to Amy supersedes the Starfleet vow. My mate and I will do anything to protect our flesh and blood.
                    Player: There is a reason why we don't like dealing with Section 31 Your Majesties.

• Options
                    edited June 2018

• Options
                    Upload the screenshot to something like deviant art first, click the picture frame on this forum's user interface and a box will appear. You can then link the image URL from the site you stored the image from, Deviant art is the best one for that
                    What's your deviantArt name Raven?