test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Claiming Temp/Delta Rec. Items 4 Gem'Hadar Character?

captinaverycaptinavery Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Does anyone know if the Req. Level 65 + 20hrs of game play is just being in-game use (Meaning can I have STO open idle while doing other things) or actually doing missions, etc? Just curious and I know its a lazy way of thinking. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It'll automatically log you off after an hour of inactivity, so just leaving it open won't work. If you alt-tab out and come back now and then to poke at DOffing and Admiralty, that would work, however.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The 20h requirement is meant to prevent players from easily manufacturing free dilithium by deleting and rerolling characters.

If methods of circumventing this requirement are developed, harder requirements will be put in it's place.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Hopefully people DON'T figure out weaselly bot tricks that make it worse for actual players. 20 hours means you already need to wait several days (if you work) before starting all the reputations that aren't pre-filled.
  • Options
    iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    well, you get a lot of marks as a recruit for completing things(i think i put them all into dyson and gt about 7-800....) but yes, unless you play multiple red alerts a day(65 marks for winning) you might have issues doing the reps before the 20 hours is up...
  • Options
    Hopefully people DON'T figure out weaselly bot tricks that make it worse for actual players. 20 hours means you already need to wait several days (if you work) before starting all the reputations that aren't pre-filled.
    If they had increased the level cap more (and not borked the XP curve to the point where a few Admiralty assignments gets you to 65), they could've used the same "gain 20 levels" non-jemmies have (so to lvl80). That would also have ensured people actually play the game and not leave it running idle.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    The XP wasn't borked. There was a double XP event goin on at the same time VIL was released.
  • Options
    dragnridr wrote: »
    The XP wasn't borked. There was a double XP event goin on at the same time VIL was released.
    There could be a 20x XP event going and it would still be way too fast.