test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items upgraded to xiv from an ultimate tech upgrade before the expansion.

avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
Ultimate tech upgrades were supposed to get an item to max level which was XIV before the current expansion which has brought the maximum to XV.

Is it intended that items upgraded from ultimate tech upgrades before the expansion still need to be upgraded to XV with more upgrades?
Post edited by avoozuul on

Comments

• Options
    It's too bad if they didn't implement a system to recognize items upgraded with ulimate tech upgrades and give free upgrades to XV to these items.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Yes, they still need to be upgraded to Mk XV. And justly so, I might add. It's an 'Ultimate Upgrade' token, not a 'Upgrade Indefinitely, even when Mk increases, later on' token.

If you saved some Ultimate Upgrade' tokens, though, they now upgrade straight to Mk XV.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    I'm only making sure if it is intended as I didn't want to try upgrading them straight away if it's not.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    It's 100% intended.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Almost certainly intended as having them auto upgrade to 15 would neuter the dil sink and reduce the dangly carrot on the gamblebox key bundle the upgrade item is tied into.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    You are missing the point, ultimate tech upgrades are supposed to make an item reach it's maximum level and rarity, people who used them before the expansion have pretty much gotten screwed over as opposed to people who get and use them after the expansion.
  • Options
    Almost certainly intended as having them auto upgrade to 15 would neuter the dil sink and reduce the dangly carrot on the gamblebox key bundle the upgrade item is tied into.

Wait, your reply confuses me a bit. Ultimate Upgrades *do* upgrade to Mk XV, instantly. What the OP was talking about, was the question whether items, upgraded with an Ultimate Tech, prior to ViL, would now still need to be upgraded to Mk XV. And the answer to the latter is yes, of course.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    You are missing the point, ultimate tech upgrades are supposed to make an item reach it's maximum level and rarity, people who used them before the expansion have pretty much gotten screwed over as opposed to people who get and use them after the expansion.

No, those ppl -- me included -- got exactly what the Ultimate Tech promised: to upgrade an item to the highest Mark and quality available. Like I said, it's "not a 'Upgrade Indefinitely, even when Mk increases, later on' token." That would be utterly unreasonable.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    OK, so prospective on the upgrade from mk 14 to mk 15...

It will take you roughly 300,000 refined dilithium and around 50 upgrade tokens for most of the bits to successfully upgrade the starship, ground gear and shuttle gear.

I know...I've been there and done that! lol