test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it possible to create an "episode" video?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
If this belongs somewhere else, @badmoonrisin, feel free to move it, but there was no "new discusison" button on the Media subforum. That said...

I really enjoy watching folks' videos of ships in action. Snipey and ZE Films come to mind. I am curious, more than anything else: Is it possible to use STO elements to actually create an "episode" of sorts, with dialogue? Maybe using conversation emotes, etc? Has anyone ever attempted this?
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Starfish1 had done some "episodic" style videos, though it's been awhile since he's done anything.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRuL_rB7BFtfBbNaEagSadQ
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    It's possible, these days it doesn't help that demorecord is bugged..

Demorecord is Star Trek Online's built in function for recording video's, it was great because the movement of the ship and character and all the actions are recorded. And when you watch the playback, you can freely move the camera around.. Something most other game replay functions do not have.

But like mentioned, it's bugged and very laggy these days.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I saw a Fed tutorial episode posted to the forums a couple of weeks ago. It had me cracking up. They used their own dialog.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Starfish1 had done some "episodic" style videos, though it's been awhile since he's done anything.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRuL_rB7BFtfBbNaEagSadQ

Those are pretty good! Thanks, I was thinking it might be fun to try it sometime, but wasn't sure if it was even possible.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Windows 10 has an OS feature for recording videos, it's what I've been using for all the videos I posted to Youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0liBUUPpkGrPvHS6XCQS-w
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg