test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for RP-friendly fleet

moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
I'm looking for a fleet that has an interest in RP in either Federation, KDF, or Romulan factions. I know that's a bit much to ask since the RP community has shrank a bit since I was away and most of my old RP mates have either retired from that or left the game alltogether but I still enjoy both spectating and getting involved in it. Drop me a line in game or in the forums for any suggestions.
Tagged:

Comments

• moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Hi all. After nearly wearing down my mouse buttons trying to get into DS9 #1 for RP, I've decided to hang up the roleplaying for a while. It's not worth the effort, and there is the VIL content I want to try out.

Thank you to those who sent me privs on options. I will explore them maybe later in the summer.

• grayfrethgrayfreth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    DS9? Wow, I'm sorry you tried to go through that. http://daedalusomega.proboards.com/ Our fleet has been role playing since STO went live and we're still kicking. Our approach is much different then the typical open instance RP scene though. 22nd Mobile Daedalus, come check us out if you're still interested in Fed RP.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Why is it so important to be in DS9 instance 1? can't people start RPing on other instances if 1 is full?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Why is it so important to be in DS9 instance 1? can't people start RPing on other instances if 1 is full?

That's easy to explain. DS9 #1 is the official place for public roleplay. If you are not in a fleet, as in my case, this is where you go for roleplay. Everyone goes there.

To answer your question why everyone goes there, I need to give you a bit of a history lesson. RP was a very large aspect of this community until Dental came along and started harrassing people in Drozana, Risa, Hathon, and DS9. To combat this, RP was either moved to fleet starbases or (for public RP) the first instance of DS9. This proved effective in slowing Dental's attacks since you could only get into RP if you could have someone who trusts you team you into instance #1 or invite you into a RP fleet, but it also made it harder for newcomers to get established since Dental already drove a lot of the people out of RP. The community shrunk as a result and DS9 #1 remained as the only de facto place for RP.

I will try RP again sometime later in the summer, perhaps the fall after I've had my fill of VIL and improved some of my characters' gear and weaponry.