test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for the Gamma Quadrant Battlezone

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post feedback for the new Gamma Quadrant Battlezone.

Gamma Quadrant Battlezone:
  • The Gamma Quadrant is now open and can be accessed through the wormhole at Deep Space Nine!
  • While exploring the Gamma Quadrant and completing missions, captains will receive alerts about hot spots in various sectors where the Hur’q are attacking, gathering resources, or building up their forces.
  • Team with others in the Gamma Quadrant to stop the Hur’q.
  • Fighting in these operations will earn experience, expertise, Gamma marks, and Dilithium.
  • The more participation, the more captains earn!
  • This is still a work in progress.
    • The boss in the final portion of the battlezone is not functioning correctly and cannot be completed at this time.
  • For more details, please visit the Gamma Quadrant Battlezone Blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10887104-introducing:-the-gamma-quadrant-battlezone!

Comments

• Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2018
    Is it too late to add a transwarp to the Gamma Quadrant for the rep?

EDIT: Please reconsider the 15 minute timer for the Hur'q invasion. Empersa homeworld defense seems like a herculan task to complete in 15 minutes, 15 or 30 maybe I can see. There's just way too much going on and the queue times will be insane.
    Post edited by sfc#5932 on
  • Options
    zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Actually none of the 3 battlezones appear to be operating for my Jem'Hadar. nothing on the map, only a message pop up saying go to the founder homeworld and battle. With my Cardy the zones were displayed and operational before this patch.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Please reconsider the 15 minute timer for the Hur'q invasion. Empersa homeworld defense seems like a herculan task to complete in 15 minutes, 15 or 30 maybe I can see. There's just way too much going on and the queue times will be insane.

Really? It seemed absolutely trivial to me. Perhaps I got lucky with a good squad, but I did at least half the damage to the shell thing.
    I never got any marks or refined dilithium throughout the whole thing though (the bonus rewards).

EDIT: I see it was changed to ore this last patch. Perhaps it was broken before?
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    tomebe11tomebe11 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I just tried sinister gathering twice by myself however the amount of Swarmers seemed for be for a team of 2 or 3 therefore i couldn't properly finish it as i wasn't able to gather the crystals fast enough because of the large amount of collectors and Swarmers
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I got a Leaver Penalty for exiting a Battlezone part early (as no one else showed up), please remove or fix that.

• Options
    kulbarkulbar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I might be missing something here, but I can't figure out what to do in Sinister Gathering. No matter how many seeker bombs I drop on the Hur'q ship, it takes no damage at all. I've destroyed most of the swarmers around it, it looks like it should be a clear shot, but it's immune. I can drop 10-12 bombs on the ship in the time I have and I know they connect (I take damage from the AoE, as do the swarmers nearby), but I don't notice the ship's HP dipping in the slightest. Am I supposed to deliberately let the Hur'q finish the ship and then attack it once it gets out?

Edit: The other batttlezone queue is much more straightforward, though -- I've soloed it both on a new Jem'hadar as well as an imported KDF character and is simply a matter of keeping the swarms harassed enough that you can hit the mothership.
    Post edited by kulbar on
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    This isn’t a battlezone. Just more queues. There have been times that I’ve waited to start one and felt just as frustrated as waiting for a regular queue to start. Tried giving it another go today and could only stomach 2 of them.

I find that I keep going back to the Terran battlezone. If I happen to be solo, it usually isn’t for long. Even going solo, I’m still able to get progress within the battlezone. The fun factor is many times more than the Gamma BZ. In the Terran BZ, there are goals like taking out all 3 stations and consequences for not completing the goals.

I would gladly cut out a few DS9 alumni and put that funding into gameplay.