test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Landing Page

So, this is going to get very annoying very quickly.

If there could be an option to disable this so we don't have to see it pop up as the very first thing we see when logging in, that would be great, or just do away with this entirely would also be great.

Comments

• spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Hear hear. Make it so.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Please Remove Landing Page. I have many characters, and offer you 'many metrics' and you choose to annoy us with yet another spam that requires pressing escape or X on every single character load.

Thank You.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    There needs to be a way to disable this, it's been in the game for less than fifteeen minutes and it's already annoying..

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • ajr62ajr62 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    i dont like the landing page its way to big on the screen and dont need to see the new features automatically like that it should be only an option. i already have the news page for the game already i dont need it blasting me in the face everytime i log in to the game
  • crystyllcrystyll Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    A WAY TO DISABLE THIS. Seeing it more than once is enough for me already!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Pure comedy gold this thread.

cant believe that you find this funny when it is actually annoying to see that landing page
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    ajr62 wrote: »
    cant believe that you find this funny when it is actually annoying to see that landing page

Don't feed the troll
    natthaan wrote: »
    ajr62 wrote: »

Don't feed the troll

true thanks Natthaan
    they better fix it before the next season but i doubt the game developers ever look at these threads
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I can't see this yet since I'm posting from work, but:

There's no way it will be removed on first login.

It's arguably a bug for it to re-display for every character switch. Someone create a bug report thread in the proper subforum for *that* issue and we can dogpile there.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    I for one welcome our new landing page overlord.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I can't see this yet since I'm posting from work, but:

There's no way it will be removed on first login.

It's arguably a bug for it to re-display for every character switch. Someone create a bug report thread in the proper subforum for *that* issue and we can dogpile there.

I could live with it if it was only on first log in. Like, that'd be 1.5 seconds to remove and then on with my day. It'd still be mildly irritating, but ultimately liveable. But on every character change? Nope

Also, there's an official Landing Page feedback thread. You may all want to post your complaints there as they're more likely to get back to the devs that way. I already posted mine.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    edited May 2018
    This is getting a bit unruly, but as stated, there's an official thread for your "feedback". I'd suggest keeping it civil and constructive. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.