test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we get the Kobayashi Maru as a playable ship?

Keep it simple like the Cell Ship or the Tuffi Freighter. I would gladly throw $30 zen for a freighter for my freelancer/pirate alt and it looks kinda cool. Or just make it as a skin for the T6 Reliant Light Cruiser so we can at least pretend!

Comments

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The ability to move about while all systems are without power might be a bit OP.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The ability to move about while all systems are without power might be a bit OP.
    Several engines have had that ability since the beginning. B)
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    It looks to me to be a Miranda with Nacelles moved to the top and cargo pods where the nacelles would normally be.

t2_YqQN07Ck_O0Z6hetK_aiWyFIgQQ-fI9z8XdWZJ3g.jpg?s=07b0c6661bddf760e600d2776cade215
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    I'd be happy with just a Kobayashi Maru admiralty card. Of course it would probably have negative stats but I intentionally fail most of my admiralty assignments on purpose anyways.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Reliant skin? Doesn't it have 4 nacelles? Maybe I looked at the pic wrong, I thought it looked like the Constellation or a variant thereof.

The bottom two are cargo pods.
    tyler002 wrote: »
    It looks to me to be a Miranda with Nacelles moved to the top and cargo pods where the nacelles would normally be.

t2_YqQN07Ck_O0Z6hetK_aiWyFIgQQ-fI9z8XdWZJ3g.jpg?s=07b0c6661bddf760e600d2776cade215

^ This. Could easily be a skin for the Miranda, but I would love a freighter/Q-ship too. I will take either!
  • Options
    avfp101avfp101 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I like the idea of it being a skin for the Miranda as well.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Can we got a comparison of it to a Constellation class such as the Stargazer?
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    This would be cool as maybe like a T5 freighter
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I support the idea of a playable Maru, but I think it should be its own ship and not a Miranda skin. Maybe with an ability to drop explosive cargo containers. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    More like a Soyuz, since my vitual me toon uses one. But, apart from the extended 3rd cargo bay, and the tank pods, this is what the Reliant was going to look like, with the warp engine pods on top, rather than on the bottom. Because the producer or director, saw the drawing upside down, and did not realize it, and signed his approval that way, is why the Miranda is as we know it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'm partial to a...

700184-Large.jpg
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I support the idea of a playable Maru, but I think it should be its own ship and not a Miranda skin. Maybe with an ability to drop explosive cargo containers. :D

I agree I would prefer a freighter version (Zen store purchasable version of the Cell ship or Tuffli freighter), but could see it being easier for them to make a vanity skin for the Miranda. 500 Zen or whatever, or sell it with a custom interior like the Pathfinder package that pops up now and then.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I already have ships that fly around randomly and then charge directly into the face of certain death...
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I think it would be better if it were its own class of ship rather than a mere skin for a currently existing class of ship.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I'm partial to a...

700184-Large.jpg

Reaching tier 5 mastery in the DY-100 Class grants you the starship trait "Brig Full of As****es". Whenever you are the target of a ship disabling effect, the opposing ship is placated until they get the as****es back to their brig. This trait can only be triggered twice: once initially, and once when an opposing ship accidentally recovers your as****es from a prison planet that for some reason never got logged into Starfleet records.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'd love the KM as a skin for my T6 Miranda. It's an amazing looking model and it deserves more screen time than the occasional weekend event.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Great idea!

Give it a 'Leeeeeroy Jenkins' Console too!

Leeroy Jenkins Console:
    Reactivates any and all disabled systems at +200% of power
    + 200% to engines
    + 50% turn rate
    + 100% annoying to ships attempting to rescue
    - 80.2 Energy Damage Resistance Rating
    - 78.8% Directed Energy Damage Resistance Rating

Additionally, when active this console also emits a 'Lemming Effect' on it's crew, causing them to lose all sense of self-preservation and head toward the nearest threat at maximum speed.

Also the console should aggro every mob in the STF including bosses not spawned in yet.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Would be funny taking the KM into Counterpoint elite
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius