What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Return of the Delta Recruits

13»

Comments

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    you just need to acquire the tesseract communicator, which is given to you at the end of each faction's tutorial

after you have it, you can take as long as you want earning the rewards

Ah, great thank you.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    suaaiesuaaie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Iwill pass this is b
    s Delta should be able to be attr to all
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    you just need to acquire the tesseract communicator, which is given to you at the end of each faction's tutorial

Ah, great thank you.​​
    Note: Romulans have to choose a faction first, since their DR rewards are tied to that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ricosakara wrote: »
    I'll wait until Agents of Yesterday Event returns. Already did a Delta Recruit the first time.
    If you only did one, then you could make a second so you get more rewards. :p IMO the optimal choices if you have two is a Fed and a KDF allied Romulan.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I don't understand all the hate. I've been LTS since the game went gold but missed the original DR event because I was in Hospital through a good share of it. Finally I'll get a chance to have a DR toon.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User

Ah, great thank you.​​
    Note: Romulans have to choose a faction first, since their DR rewards are tied to that.

Not all. Some is before they choose. Those after the faction choice is tied to the faction they choose. Basically they only need to get there to unlock it for the account if someone already has both a Fed and KDF DRs.

And getting the tesseract is all that is needed by the end of the event as was said. Then can take time to do the gathering later. From the original on my account I had a second Romulan left at level 3 then did it later after the event.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    I don't understand all the hate. I've been LTS since the game went gold but missed the original DR event because I was in Hospital through a good share of it. Finally I'll get a chance to have a DR toon.

To get all the reward unlocks, you need to make 3. You don't have to level up all 3 to max reward unlocks. You have to do 1. Other two just need to unlock faction specific items. Romulans unlock their own prior to alliance choice then whatever faction's items after that. Feds unlock their stuff and KDF their faction specific. But after a point when they do the same stories no matter what you are then you only need one to finish it off for account unlocks.

Examples: 1 Fed you go all the way through and unlock everything possible, then you do a Romulan that sides with the KDF. That Romulan would only have to get up to the part until the KDF does the same ones as the Feds missions. Your KDF would only have to do the early stuff since that Romulan took care of the later ones up to the joining and the Fed took care of the rest.

Completing every mission arc (up to the ones that were out at the time) grants account wide stuff. So that's why the early stuff for each of the three must be done for max.

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Yeah the DR rewards weren't the best planned out. They were the first iteration of the recruitment event, so some bumps are to be expected. It sucks that you have to have three characters to get the most out of it, but the fact it's returned at all is, frankly, amazing. Even if you can't get all of it for lack of characters, it's well worth it to grind out at least a Rom/Fed.
  • Options
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Yeah the DR rewards weren't the best planned out. They were the first iteration of the recruitment event, so some bumps are to be expected. It sucks that you have to have three characters to get the most out of it, but the fact it's returned at all is, frankly, amazing. Even if you can't get all of it for lack of characters, it's well worth it to grind out at least a Rom/Fed.

For account purposes, doing a straight Fed is the one to do. Once through the Klingon War mission arc, it grants the most of all the mission arc account unlocks. Because it's so long.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    The actuall things thats need more than one Delta Recruit are the rewards for finishing Episode Arcs - the facions got some that are different. All other rewards are the same on all Delta Recruits...
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Yap, we are only talking marks and dil here. And, as has been said, there are faster ways to get them. However, these are account unlocks, so you get the resulting rewards on every subsequent or already existing toon for free. So depending on how many other accounts you have and plan to create, it may be very time efficient, if that is the reasoning for you when deciding on whether or not to create one more delta.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    I'm guessing but since this ends in mid-May, they will do the same with Agents of Yesterday after this. This is also first time available to consoles so would make sense. At least with Agents, it only required one toon.
  • Options
    starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    OK, for all the complaints I've seen i feel like no one has mentioned the most obvious problem here....WHY the hell are we not making Gamma recruits?!! The delta arc is ancient history at this point. If you made new gamma recruits you could give newer players that same leg up, but older players something newish to chew on. It wouldn't even be that hard. Take the existing delta clues and extra dialogue and change it to pertain to the new fight against the new big bad. This way older players can make something new and are encouraged to play through for this new reward and new story clues, your new players get to benefit still, and you highlight your brand new expansion and all the **** you want to sell from it. This unaltered recycling of content is not just lazy, its bad business!

Probably because the stuff that they want to sell for the expansion won't be in the game until the expansion is live. That is when you will likely see a Gamma Recruitment event. Right now they would be highlighting old lockbox and Lobi store ships with a Gamma Recruitment event.

Yeah, you're right, I guess I'm just not thinking of the full release timeline. I really hope they do a Gamma recruits type of thing though when the new expac releases. It makes leveling a new character more fun
  • Options
    tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    So after playing my first Delta Recruit, I am glad that they brought it back. My only gripe is that I wish there was a way convert my existing characters into Delta Recruits so I don’t have to keep so many characters around. Having four active characters was really close to my limit for keeping up on a day to day events, but now having to have seven… I do have a life people… It seems silly the that sole purpose of creating all the extra characters is to unlock a few extra Dia, Marks and EC.

Just for my completionist nature, I will probably create the two Extra characters for KDF and Fed just for the unlocks and then Delete the characters.

Here is hoping that at some point they will allow people to just convert the existing characters to Deltas. I would even be willing to pay Zen for that option,
  • Options
    So after playing my first Delta Recruit, I am glad that they brought it back. My only gripe is that I wish there was a way convert my existing characters into Delta Recruits so I don’t have to keep so many characters around. Having four active characters was really close to my limit for keeping up on a day to day events, but now having to have seven… I do have a life people… It seems silly the that sole purpose of creating all the extra characters is to unlock a few extra Dia, Marks and EC.

Just for my completionist nature, I will probably create the two Extra characters for KDF and Fed just for the unlocks and then Delete the characters.

Here is hoping that at some point they will allow people to just convert the existing characters to Deltas. I would even be willing to pay Zen for that option,

I guess you leveled up a Rom from last time?

Depending on time, you don't have to take 2 slots to complete. Whatever side your Rom picked only has to do a few mission arcs as a DR. The other side may have to do the beginning arcs and a couple of more until the arcs are universal. But depending on your time, I would suggest making the DR that your Rom allied with because you won't have too many arcs to need to complete then delete to make the other side. That one you can then take your time with and only use one extra slot. As you only have to get the Tesseract during the event which you get in the tutorial.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    I ran a Fed through the DR event the first time fully and made a Rom for this one. He's at the point where he need to choose a faction, so going KDF would be what I want to do to get the other marks and dilith and roll a KDF Delta toon to complete it?
  • Options
    saedeith wrote: »
    I ran a Fed through the DR event the first time fully and made a Rom for this one. He's at the point where he need to choose a faction, so going KDF would be what I want to do to get the other marks and dilith and roll a KDF Delta toon to complete it?

If you do that plan, the KDF one will only have to do a few mission arcs.

To see the arcs needed, you can go to the temporal contact on ESD/First City/Flotilla with a character at least level 20 and the arcs you need would be grayed out. Best to do with at least a level 50 non-DR talking to the contact but since you did the Fed all the way through before, not really has to be a 50.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    DR is great for small fleets... game is f2p so make more accounts and max out on DR. You just need to finish the tutorial. Then you can slowly grind out the toons to get the free fleet dil & resources.

you dont even need to keep the toons once you finish the missions to Borg Arc. Heck only 1 toon needs to finish it... the other factions just need to finish their own faction arcs.
  • Options
    yeah ideal setup for 2 DR is Fed and Rom/KDF. Having a third as KDF is good. But honestly, the allegiance of your Rom DR doesn't matter(in terms of account rewards for DR stuff) if you have a Fed and KDF.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @geezerpunk said:
    > I don't understand all the hate. I've been LTS since the game went gold but missed the original DR event because I was in Hospital through a good share of it. Finally I'll get a chance to have a DR toon.

I hope you health improves.
  • Options
    jamiek81jamiek81 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    jamiek81 wrote: »
    I think they should leave the event on at all times, the same applies to the Agents of Tomorrow, i mean you can choose to opt out of the delta one by skipping the tutorial and if you want to do the Agents one, you just start a 23c captain.....never understand the need to stop it.

It wouldn't be a 'event' if it ran all the time.​​

I HATE events, this feature and the temporal agent events should become an always active type of thing, i mean it makes no sense for it not to always active, both are about time travel, so technically, even if the future war is over, the past still needs to deal with it.

This is why i never utilize these *temp* events, if they are not always active, its just not worth doing.
  • Options
    yeah ideal setup for 2 DR is Fed and Rom/KDF. Having a third as KDF is good. But honestly, the allegiance of your Rom DR doesn't matter(in terms of account rewards for DR stuff) if you have a Fed and KDF.

The marks and dilithium for each character on the account needs all 3 for max out. Those early arcs in each faction gives the account wide unlocks. And those early ones can only be done by the actual faction. So yes don't have to level them all but has to get all 3 through the early arcs.
  • Options
    I think they should leave the event on at all times, the same applies to the Agents of Tomorrow, i mean you can choose to opt out of the delta one by skipping the tutorial and if you want to do the Agents one, you just start a 23c captain.....never understand the need to stop it.

It wouldn't be a 'event' if it ran all the time.​​

I HATE events, this feature and the temporal agent events should become an always active type of thing, i mean it makes no sense for it not to always active, both are about time travel, so technically, even if the future war is over, the past still needs to deal with it.

This is why i never utilize these *temp* events, if they are not always active, its just not worth doing.

DR not so much but Temporal I would say I agree with you that it should always be on.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I'll wait until Agents of Yesterday Event returns. Already did a Delta Recruit the first time.
    If you only did one, then you could make a second so you get more rewards. :p IMO the optimal choices if you have two is a Fed and a KDF allied Romulan.

This is utterly brilliant! :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options

Your account will be missing four rewards (KDF only mission arcs) doing that way. You get fleet marks and dilithium for each arc unlocked and there are four that are KDF only. Pull up any KDF character and four of the first five are KDF only mission arcs. Specters is the only one of the first 5 not KDF only. Roms allied to KDF can not do those four arcs.

So each character on your account would get 400 fleet marks and 4000 dilithium having that KDF run though those four arcs and each arc is only roughly 5 missions each.
  • Options
    benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I wasn't around when this was running the first time, so thanks a lot for bringing it back!
  • Options
    Your account will be missing four rewards (KDF only mission arcs) doing that way. You get fleet marks and dilithium for each arc unlocked and there are four that are KDF only. Pull up any KDF character and four of the first five are KDF only mission arcs. Specters is the only one of the first 5 not KDF only. Roms allied to KDF can not do those four arcs.

So each character on your account would get 400 fleet marks and 4000 dilithium having that KDF run though those four arcs and each arc is only roughly 5 missions each.
    Well, I was simply talking about which of the three has the lowest faction specific rewards.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    geezerpunk wrote: »

Data illustrating players reaction to anything from Delta Rising:

5NeMxno.gif
  • Options
    knockedup#2486 knockedup Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I wasn't around when this was running the first time, so thanks a lot for bringing it back!
    I'm in the same boat, and I just noticed I have three character slots left.
    Data illustrating players reaction to anything from Delta Rising:

5NeMxno.gif
    That's the best, and maybe the only good data scene after he installed that emotion chip...