test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerve Tonic!

berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
Everyone's talking about the Delta Recruit Event in the patch notes, but they let this little bit slip in there, too:
The bartender on Drazona has recovered the long lost recipe for the Nerve Tonic.
It was a Big Deal when they made the Nerve Tonic purchasable inside the Night of the Comet mission, this should be Big News, too.

Amiright? >:)
"Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I just wanna know if they fixed The Dance.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Do you mean we can do the sexy dance for pennies on a drink?​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    Do you mean we can do the sexy dance for pennies on a drink?​​

Maybe, it doesn't say how much it'll cost. Keep in mind, the bartender's a Ferengi...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I just wanna know if they fixed The Dance.

This is the question on my mind. The emote on the bottle is broken compared to the emote on NPC's currently in game which the bottle used to have just fine up until a while ago.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Game's up. I'm at the bar, but if they found the recipe, they aren't sharing anything from it... :(

Maybe they're referring to the broken dance from the drinks inside the mission?
  • Options
    towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    > @bergins said:
    > Game's up. I'm at the bar, but if they found the recipe, they aren't sharing anything from it... :(
    >
    > Maybe they're referring to the broken dance from the drinks inside the mission?

You could buy the drink from inside the mission before, but to get more than one you had to stay at the bar, abort the mission from your log, and then sign up for the mission again. He’d sell you another and you would have to repeat the process until you had the number of bottles you wanted.

Try that. Run the mission till you get the drink mixed, then buy one to go
  • Options
    > @towdog said:
    > > @bergins said:
    > > Game's up. I'm at the bar, but if they found the recipe, they aren't sharing anything from it... :(
    > >
    > > Maybe they're referring to the broken dance from the drinks inside the mission?
    >
    > You could buy the drink from inside the mission before, but to get more than one you had to stay at the bar, abort the mission from your log, and then sign up for the mission again. He’d sell you another and you would have to repeat the process until you had the number of bottles you wanted.
    >
    > Try that. Run the mission till you get the drink mixed, then buy one to go
    >
    >

Yes, that was the last "Big News," but the current patch notes say the bartender on Drozana Station has "recovered the long lost recipe." That indicates something has changed, I was assuming it was available in the regular instance, but that doesn't appear to be true.

Maybe some further explaination from The patch notes' author would be helpful. Either this doesn't mean what it sounds like, or there's something wrong.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    I'd just like it if they would make the emote a permanent thing somehow. Perhaps add it to the list of Phoenix box prizes. My Orion captain would sure appreciate it.
  • Options
    I'd just like it if they would make the emote a permanent thing somehow. Perhaps add it to the list of Phoenix box prizes. My Orion captain would sure appreciate it.

That would be ideal.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    So patch notes are closer to

We did a thing, it might relate to this but we're not sure what other impact it'll have although I'm sure it'll be fine. It will be fine won't it mr frodo?
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Tonic Dance is Back!
    Still don't even know if the tonic dance missing half of the moves is intentional or bugged.
    Post edited by alcyoneserene on
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The bartender on Drazona has recovered the long lost recipe for the Nerve Tonic.

... and apparently lost it again before he got as far as the bar :|

...or he and some Orion slave girls drank them all.​​
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Hot, sour, pick-me-up, stemmed glass, drop of honey

I like to think there are captains listlessly shambling around their bridges muttering that to this day.

Maybe the future bartender has it like comet cocktails open up?
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Alright, I just made an Orion Delta Recruit....that dance better be working. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The dance is working on live for me. It takes a minute to fire off properly though. Apparently the full emote won't kick in till it says you use a nerve tonic a few moments after actually clicking on it. Also someone said the dance is now interruptible unlike before and that seems to be true as well since someone just bumped in to me as I posted this with their character. This will make it ripe for trolling in game since the bottles cost cash and are difficult to obtain unless they add them to other vendors.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    By the way, after you give the drink away to Cassie in 'Night of the Comet' the Bartender will sell you up to four Tonics; one of each of four different foods.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    By the way, after you give the drink away to Cassie in 'Night of the Comet' the Bartender will sell you up to four Tonics; one of each of four different foods.

Yep, and only one will do the dance.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    All this talk about Nerve Tonics gives me a headache..
  • Options
    szim wrote: »
    All this talk about Nerve Tonics gives me a headache..

You should drink a tonic, you'll feel better.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    So I'm confused. Did the bartender on Drozana actually get the drink listed, or not? I've played through the missions on my new Delta, and I haven't seen any of the Nerve Tonics listed at the bartender on either her or my really old captain.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    I think the sexy emote was originally intended to be a female Orion emote only, but they removed it from the game, I might be wrong but I swear I use to see it on the emote roster, and it has always been associated with the female Orion seductive dance.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Here's the thing, why doesn't Cryptic unlock the emote to be normally used, it should be part of the reward for the Replay event of the FE "Night of the Comet"

Not only should you get the Cane, but you can also unlock the exclusive sexy dance emote as well for a limited time.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg